Masters in Psychological Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acslater99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am interested in doing a PhD in clinical psychology in the near future but I have little research experience.

Should I consider going through a masters program which focuses on the clinician/scientist approach.

On their website, the masters program I’m looking into, states this program is designed for students who wish to pursue a Ph.D.

Would going this route be beneficial? Any other options available?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow you've been a member since 2012! So, you must have seen other threads discussing this topic. If not, try using the search in the upper righthand corner. Lots of perspectives have been shared about how to:

-gain further experience after undergrad,
-value of a master's (program type, cost, research thesis focused etc),
-possibilities for research assistantship as a job (you have options, depending on if you can find/obtain RA positions where you are, openness to move),
-money considerations
-identifying gaps in your record from undergrad according to your grad school goals (e.g. master's level clinician, PhD in clinical X extent of interest in research, type of research, practice, academia etc down the road)

Suffice it to say, yes there are other options available and a good place to start is to practice your literature search and research skills on this website and online. Good luck!