Master's level hours for APPIC application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voyeurofthemind

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious -- I have a while before I need to look at this but I completed a terminal clinical master's before my doc program with a 1000 hour internship. Part of the internship was administering tests under supervision of a doctoral level psychologist. I still have these hours documented and recorded. Am I able to use these hours on my application for pre-doctoral internship? I know assessment hours are important and it would be great to get some credit for my master's level work.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You can only list practicum experiences during your doctoral program. I have three MS degrees and an EdS degree and 28 years of experience, so I provided all of my transcripts. I also completed a postdoctoral clinical psychopharmacology training program side by side with licensed psychologist and I could just add this transcript as well.

There is an other column but it is not for practicum hours outside of the doctoral program curriculum. Our DCT implied that all of the extras that I have could or could not be considered as most internships sited primarily rank you based on what you did during your doctoral degree program. In our program we had many nurses, one MD, and several lawyers and they listed these in the other column. The MD and one of the nurses was able to obtain a APA accredited internship and the MD continued working doing ER work in the evenings and weekends during her internship.

Don't you still list the hours on the APPIC application but separate from doctoral hours? That is how they are listed in official APPIC stats, at least...

Yes you do report the hours but the hours are separated and it indicates that these hours are from masters program. You also break them down the same way you break down your doctoral hours. At least thats what I did on mine since I had a terminal masters degree apart from the phd program.