Masters or PhD programs in nutrition?

Started by lamiavita
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lamiavita

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I am interested in going to grad school for a masters or PhD in nutrition once I finish up with undergrad (one year left). My hope is that after completing a graduate program I will become a registered dietitian. However, a lot of the schools that I have been looking at for nutrition programs have some strict prereqs that are directly related to nutrition studies - something my school does not offer. I am a neuroscience major, and seeing as I am entering into my senior year it is too late to change.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I might get into a graduate program that suites my interest?

Thanks
 
Hi there,

I am interested in going to grad school for a masters or PhD in nutrition once I finish up with undergrad (one year left). My hope is that after completing a graduate program I will become a registered dietitian. However, a lot of the schools that I have been looking at for nutrition programs have some strict prereqs that are directly related to nutrition studies - something my school does not offer. I am a neuroscience major, and seeing as I am entering into my senior year it is too late to change.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I might get into a graduate program that suites my interest?

Thanks

You aren't going to get a lot of replies to your question because this thread is for those applicants planning on applying to medical school.

I would suggest doing a google search on Nutrition programs and look at what they require.