Master's or Study Abroad???

Started by Neha25
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'd definitely do option 1 if I were you. It seem like a valuable once-in-a-life-time-life-enhancing experience.

You seem to have strong credentials as a med school applicant. Another thing you need to ask yourself is what you really want to get from this 1.5 year before med school. In my opinion a masters that cost extra bucks is not really worth it if your ultimate goal is med school. What you really want is experience that broadens your horizon and offer you a more comprehensive perspective in this world...blah blah blah.

I once considered apply to BU's MAMS too but, if you are going to med school any way, you'll eventually learn the same thing any way.
 
I'd definitely do option 1 if I were you. It seem like a valuable once-in-a-life-time-life-enhancing experience.

You seem to have strong credentials as a med school applicant. Another thing you need to ask yourself is what you really want to get from this 1.5 year before med school. In my opinion a masters that cost extra bucks is not really worth it if your ultimate goal is med school. What you really want is experience that broadens your horizon and offer you a more comprehensive perspective in this world...blah blah blah.

I once considered apply to BU's MAMS too but, if you are going to med school any way, you'll eventually learn the same thing any way.

CONGRATS btw. I wish you best of luck in your journey into the medical field 🙂