Other OT-Related Information Master's + OTD question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RW79

Reaction score
Hi! I am beginning my OTD program this August and can't wait! Just graduated with my BS in Psych two weeks ago and am beginning to prep for classes. I had a family member ask whether OTD students receive their Master's along the way like PhD candidates/students, and I realized I wasn't sure. I hadn't thought so, but may have forgotten that detail in the craziness of applying for a million programs. For those of you in OTD programs, did/will you receive your MSOT as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I am beginning my OTD program this August and can't wait! Just graduated with my BS in Psych two weeks ago and am beginning to prep for classes. I had a family member ask whether OTD students receive their Master's along the way like PhD candidates/students, and I realized I wasn't sure. I hadn't thought so, but may have forgotten that detail in the craziness of applying for a million programs. For those of you in OTD programs, did/will you receive your MSOT as well?

From my understanding it is just the OTD you recieve unless you do a MSOT to OTD bridge program!

Has anyone heard of College of Saint Mary OTD in Omaha, Nebraska? I got accepted, but it is a new program and I do not think there is really a reputation with the school.

I hadn’t heard of them officially until they texted me asking if I was still applying! They seem nice but I’ve been wary about applying for the same reasons. How was your application process with them??

I had an amazing application process! I was actually able to interview in-person and I got a really good vibe from the school and faculty and was actually really surprised at the amount of resources/money given to the OTD program. I am from the chicago-land area so it's a little far from home but I think it would be a potentially great place to get my OTD. My roommate is from the Omaha area and said CSM has a great reputation, which is good! I was interviewed by three faculty members and all were very genuine conversations.

This is so reassuring!! I’m thinking I will apply there sometime this week. For the personal statement that they ask for, did you submit your OTCAS personal statement or an entirely different one?? I feel like my OTCAS one covers the bases but wanted to see what others did

Reactions: 1 user