Masters program or Work experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedpredentguy

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a college senior looking to apply the next cycle. I got a nice score on the DAT last month (25AA,22PAT), but I feel like my 3.47GPA (3.2 scienceGPA) is holding me back. I am currently looking into one year Oral Health master programs enhance my application, but I am not 100% sure I can ace the program and get a great GPA as I have heard that master programs are 10x more challenging than college stuff. Does anyone have experience with the programs listed below that they can share? Or should I consider other options such as working as a dental assistant next year to boost my extracurriculars instead? My resume is currently limited in volunteering and shadowing experiences, but I am devoting this year to boost those already. I would appreciate any feedback and thanks for taking the time to share your opinions!

Master programs:
Boston University, MS in Oral Health (
NYU, MS in Oral Biology
UMich, MS in Oral health science
Rutgers, dental scholar track masters program

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am a college senior looking to apply the next cycle. I got a nice score on the DAT last month (25AA,22PAT), but I feel like my 3.47GPA (3.2 scienceGPA) is holding me back. I am currently looking into one year Oral Health master programs enhance my application, but I am not 100% sure I can ace the program and get a great GPA as I have heard that master programs are 10x more challenging than college stuff. Does anyone have experience with the programs listed below that they can share? Or should I consider other options such as working as a dental assistant next year to boost my extracurriculars instead? My resume is currently limited in volunteering and shadowing experiences, but I am devoting this year to boost those already. I would appreciate any feedback and thanks for taking the time to share your opinions!

Master programs:
Boston University, MS in Oral Health (
NYU, MS in Oral Biology
UMich, MS in Oral health science
Rutgers, dental scholar track masters program
do a full WAMC template

Reactions: 1 user