Master's program vs Post Bacc

Started by hawktux09
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hawktux09

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey yall! Im looking for advice on what program to do for med school pre reqs. My cGPA was 3.27 and my sGPA from a one year stint in bio during undergrad included a failed gen chem course and 3 P/F, so its not great. Also I have very little science experience outside of that. The issues that led to the low GPA have been dealt with so I would be more focused on studies.

In order to help the possibility of getting in to Med school, ideally MD, but would take DO. I need to get my pre-reqs done.


Should I do a one year non thesis masters degree in Biological Sciences or what would be about a 2 year Postbacc program that doesnt give a certificate or anything else.

I like the idea of a masters degree but also I have very little undergrad experience with bio and that I do have didn't go well.

If anyone needs the name of the programs I am looking at I would be more than happy to give them out over DM