Master's Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allaboutteeth5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied this cycle and things aren't looking too great so I am getting ready to apply to 2 master's programs. My question is will a master's help me get into dental school? I know I'd obviously have to do well in such program, but I am wondering if this would be a waste of my time. Has anyone been in this situation and have it work?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied this cycle and things aren't looking too great so I am getting ready to apply to 2 master's programs. My question is will a master's help me get into dental school? I know I'd obviously have to do well in such program, but I am wondering if this would be a waste of my time. Has anyone been in this situation and have it work?

I applied for the first time 2 years ago and didn't receive any interviews. I am now in my last semester of my masters and now I have 4 interviews. Definitely don't think it will be a waste of time as long as you work hard and do well in your classes. Good luck to you!

I didn't apply before my masters but I am currently writing my thesis and finishing my masters. 3.3ish undergrad and 4.0 masters with a lot of research experience and a great letter from my PI... I've already gotten an interview from my state school a week after taking my DAT. I highly suggest the masters. It was personally the best thing I ever did.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it'll help a lot if your GPA is what's lacking. Apply to programs that have a dental school there because a lot of them have matriculation agreements where you have amazing chances of getting into the dental program after. If your grades are good (>3.45ish) then I'd take the year to boost your shadowing and ECs and get a job to save for school

I didn't apply before my masters but I am currently writing my thesis and finishing my masters. 3.3ish undergrad and 4.0 masters with a lot of research experience and a great letter from my PI... I've already gotten an interview from my state school a week after taking my DAT. I highly suggest the masters. It was personally the best thing I ever did.
Can I ask you which master program you are doing?