Masters program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mizzoudude

Hey all,

You are all probably sick of hearing from me, but I have another question. I finally made it to New Orleans (been a huge culture shock) from Missouri. I will be working 3 night shifts in the sleep lab doing work and research and also doing the one year masters program in Cell and Molecular Biology at Tulane. My undergrad stats are fairly poor as I have a 3.2 overall and a 3.1 science with a 27 MCAT. Do you think if I can pull off a 4.0 with a 30+ MCAT that I have a chance to some schools?

Also, I will be trying to do research during my lag year. This is my GAME PLAN...this program starts august 31st and ends next year in may. During this time I wish to pull a 4.0 and I am definately motivated to do so. Nothing will stop me from getting the 4.0. I will also do my best to study during this time to get a 30+ on my MCAT (which I plan to take in April 06). Do you all think that a masters program will increase my chances to get in? How do medical schools look at a masters program...especially an intensive one year program at a tough school such as Tulane.

I am very home sick and this is the first time that I have had no friends in a new town. I hope this changes and I hope I can change this into positive motivation to do well in school and get into medical school. Thanks all for the encouragement and thanks in advance for the advice.

I suppose that I will also apply to osteopathic school and carribean schools after this as the ultimate goal is to be a doctor. However, is it still possible for me to achieve the goal of becoming an M.D. if I go to this masters program??

Members don't see this ad.