-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Master's Program
Started by dfdsf
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My vote would be a Master's in Biology. Dental schools want evidence that you can handle a heavy load of upper level & graduate level bio and chem classes and do well. Doing well in Master's program in Bio will accomplish that.
A Master's in Public Health will not be heavily focused on science classes.
Call a few dental schools and see what they say.
A Master's in Public Health will not be heavily focused on science classes.
Call a few dental schools and see what they say.
My vote would be a Master's in Biology. Dental schools want evidence that you can handle a heavy load of upper level & graduate level bio and chem classes and do well. Doing well in Master's program in Bio will accomplish that.
A Master's in Public Health will not be heavily focused on science classes.
Call a few dental schools and see what they say.
Yeah what he said. I'm doing one right now and when I talked to dental schools, I was specifically told to pursue an MS in biology for the aforementioned reasons.👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah what he said. I'm doing one right now and when I talked to dental schools, I was specifically told to pursue an MS in biology for the aforementioned reasons.👍
MS in biology takes 2 years to complete right? if so, can I re-apply next year, or do I need to complete the MS before the D-shcool starts?
Some schools offer a 1-year, non-thesis masters in Bio. You just have to search a ton a schools. For example, Stanford has a 1-year program.
Check out this thread about Special Master Programs:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=346106
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=346106
whats MAMs?
Master of Arts in Medical Sciences. I think.
stay with bio. if you do public health, i think it looks like you're more into health administration, policy, and epidemiology, not the basic and clinical sciences. just think about what you'd want to do with that masters (not to burst your bubble) if you didn't make it into d-school.
there are a lot of programs out there that are 1-2 yr, thesis or non-thesis based. check that link above.
good luck
there are a lot of programs out there that are 1-2 yr, thesis or non-thesis based. check that link above.
good luck
B
BodybldgDoc
dont do a masters in biology. the degree will be completely useless if you dont get into dent school. you cant do much with it unless you are interested in teaching high school biology. pick something you like and roll with that for example a masters in biomed engineering
ucla offers an oral biology masters 2 year, either research or studies degree. Doing well here is going to get you in somewhere.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MS in biology takes 2 years to complete right? if so, can I re-apply next year, or do I need to complete the MS before the D-shcool starts?
Depends on your program. Like ppl have been saying, there are many 1 yr programs. My program is a two yr one though. I'll be applying for next cycle, in the middle of my first yr. And to clarify, by biology the adcoms meant a masters that was biology based. So biomedical sciences, genetics, or physiology would be examples.