MASTERS Program...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12345a

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with Masters Programs or the process that goes around it. from what I gather predental students apply to some programs for backup. What are the basics that I need to know? Do I need to take the GRE?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not too familiar with Masters Programs but from what I gather predental students apply to some programs for backup. What are the basics that I need to know? Do I need to take the GRE?

Get started on that GRE dude. Also depending on which masters you're going for, there is usually an entrance exam to test background knowledge for those pursuing a science masters.

There are SMPs (Special Masters Programs) whose goal is to help pre-dent/med students enhance their academic credentials by enrolling in courses that mimic those of 1st year med/dent curriculum. If you do well in them, it will greatly enhance your chances of admission into dental school. For many of them, you can substitue DAT scores instead of GRE scores if you have already taken the DAT. Check out the post-bac section of this forum for more details...you will find many programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks...i should clarify though, I'm a psychology major and I'm going to be a junior next fall. I will stay an extra semester and apply in Summer 2011.

Should I start getting prepared for the GRE now?

How often are psych majors accepted into the post grad premed/dent geared programs?

I have a 3.8 gpa from cc and I hope to do well at UC Berkeley...If I do well (get above a 3.5) at Cal and do moderately well on the DAT (20+), will I even need to think about getting a masters?

thank you for the help

thanks...i should clarify though, I'm a psychology major and I'm going to be a junior next fall. I will stay an extra semester and apply in Summer 2011.

Should I start getting prepared for the GRE now?

How often are psych majors accepted into the post grad premed/dent geared programs?

I have a 3.8 gpa from cc and I hope to do well at UC Berkeley...If I do well (get above a 3.5) at Cal and do moderately well on the DAT (20+), will I even need to think about getting a masters?

thank you for the help

If you get a 3.5 and a 20 you won't need a Masters.. :p