Masters Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hopefulonco21

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am currently accepted to Tulane's Masters in Physiology Program and Genetics Program. Also I was accepted to Mississippi College's Masters of Medical Sciences Program and Rutgers Biomedical Sciences Program.

I am having a tough time choosing which program would best suit my needs. My MCAT will be taken for a 3rd and final time this August I scored poorly on the first two and have been studying consistently ever since January for this exam. (My scores were a 22 and 20 the 20 was rushed and was a mistake and I regret it everyday)

I was accepted to St George's University for January 2016 but I have yet to do an application cycle and if I do well on this new MCAT (averaging 505-508 on the new mcat as of now) with the right masters program I should be able to get into a DO school or maybe an MD.

I had a 3.0 sGPA in undergrad and already have a masters in biology with a 3.8 sGPA from that. Overall cumulative GPA with both programs averaged is a 3.3

Im just curious if anyone can shed some light on these programs what experiences they have and what they think.

Thanks
 
A 3.3 with a solid MCAT score (27-30) would give you a chance at most schools DO schools. I say avoid St George's and go for the DO.