Match 2009 begins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cumc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

Match for cardiology fellowship July 2009 begins today. I am starting this thread for all the interviewing candidates, so that we can share information about the programs which are good and avoid those program where there are some ACGME accredition issues.

You can verify about the program you want to rank here, http://www.acgme.org/adspublic/ --- very good site to know about the status of the program and if the program is having any issues. So use your best judgment before you rank the programs and avoid problems.

Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

How will you compare Emory, UNC, UAB, Duke, St louis, Vanderbilt, University of Michigan, UCSF, Geroge Washington ? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I have question regarding the program accredition? I have checked web site of acgme and it definitely gave some useful information.

Most of the programs I have attended have good accredition history so I have no problem in ranking them. But I have question regarding program like University Cincinnati - where it says accredition with warning for one year. How safe is it to rank this program and If I match would it have some problems if it looses accredition?

Give your opinions please.

If you have interviews at other program which have better accredition history, you should rank them higher and those program which have issues you might want to rank them last or not at all. You may end up in problems in future if they loose fellowship or if you plan to sub specialize in intervention/EP/heart failure.

It is better to wait and land in a good program rather than committing yourself to a substandard program where its future is uncertain.

Good Luck.