Match 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveJesus!

Reaction score
Hey, how hard is it to match in your home state? There are 3 peds program in my home state and hoping to get back to my family and getting into one.

Members don't see this ad.

You do have the opportunity now (recent development) to "signal" a small number of residency programs that you are interested in. Basically, acknowledging your specific interest in their program. I believe the number of signals for pediatrics is five, so you could signal all three of your home state programs. In addition, I think a lot of residencies lean toward students with ties to their area.

Members don't see this ad :)
You do have the opportunity now (recent development) to "signal" a small number of residency programs that you are interested in. Basically, acknowledging your specific interest in their program. I believe the number of signals for pediatrics is five, so you could signal all three of your home state programs. In addition, I think a lot of residencies lean toward students with ties to their area.
Two questions: how do signal these small amount of residency programs and when would be the appropriate time? (Thank you so much for this info)

It's part of the ERAS process when you apply to residency. I have not been through it!

Reactions: 1 user