Match- Advanced Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagerlearner

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have a question about the match. If I don't join my preliminary program but will be able to join my advanced program at the appropriate time (and if I am eligible for it), will that be considered a match violation? Even if it is, will I be allowed to join my advanced program ?

Thanks for anyone's input esp. from someone who has been through this situation.

Also, has anyone who has been labelled a match violator had any problems later with the letters that are sent to various organizations ? Basically, what's the impact of these letters ? Can someone who has faced it write their experience please.

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is that your position at your Advanced match is contingent on the successful completion of your prelim year. Which means if you don't do your prelim, you will lose your advanced position.

Prelim is just one year, even if it sucks. A Match violation is serious business. Why would you think of jeopardizing your career this way?