Match/Career Path Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halterbroke

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any vet schools publish a list of where people matched or what type of practice the grads from each year are entering (as far as they know.. at the time of graduation or maybe a few weeks before)? To my knowledge, my school does not, but I have a lot of friends in medical school and I'm amazed by the match lists that the schools publish. Obviously things are different for vets as we don't have to seek post-grad education, but I think it would useful to know what is happening with the graduates from one's school. It could be anonymous (unlike for med school - holy cow they hold nothing back, at least within the school!), just something like: 1 person - small animal rotating internship at TAMU, 26 people - small animal private practice, 10 people - unemployed :( etc
I know my school has published the percentage of applicants who matched (although about a year after the cycle from which the data was collected), but I would prefer breakdowns on specialty & academic vs private practice.

Members don't see this ad.