Match Day Celebration Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thirteen78

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, not sure if this is the approrpriate place to bring it up, but does your school allow or has ever allowed alcohol at a match day celebration?

I've heard of some schools having their ceremony at local bars, some giving all of their students a mini-champagne (or cider) bottle, etc.

Just wondering what goes on at your schools....

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

thirteen78 said:
Hey everyone, not sure if this is the approrpriate place to bring it up, but does your school allow or has ever allowed alcohol at a match day celebration?

I've heard of some schools having their ceremony at local bars, some giving all of their students a mini-champagne (or cider) bottle, etc.

Just wondering what goes on at your schools....

Thanks!

I'm sure our party is going to be a big drinking party as usual. do some schools not allow this?

I don't think we have alcohol at the actual letter opening event... but it will quickly move to the bars and later in the evening we have a school/class sponsored party at Pat O'Brien's with an open bar. Should be messy! :p

yeah...pretty sure that we are gonna be drunk, either celebrating or drowning sorrows, either way, it's win/win. Our school will probably not be happy when we pop open the champagne bottles, but whatever... :) :D :cool: ;) ;) ;)