txdoc2b

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2004
TX
Visit site
Status
Hey...since we are all helpless for the next 2 weeks waiting for some computer decide our fate...I thought I'd see what everyone's plans for the "big day" are (Obviosuly I'm talking about Match Day) What does your school do to give you your envelopes and much more importantly....what are you plans for the drunken St. Patty's/Match Day fest that will occur later that night? :luck:

Good luck to everyone...we're almost done!!!!

JP2005

HOPKINS GAS PASSER
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 20, 2001
NYC/Baltimore
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
no other than NYC........school holds a party for this every yr at some lounge or another.......this yr it is supposed to be the evening of the match.....

apellous

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Visit site
Status
I am going to start the day by drinking green beer. Then drink some more and probably start doing shot very early. after about 10 drinks I will probably have some breakfast around 8. Then a bunch of my binge drinking med school friends are going to drink and wait for the first NCAA hoops game. Then when 12:00 roles around if I am not dead or vomiting(probably the latter) we devised a game to see to gets to check their email. We are going to shotgun a beer and the first one done will get to check theirs. We will repeat this until everyone has check theirs.

War Match Day, War NCAA hoops, War st. patty.

out

IV Doc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2004
Status
i plan on showing up to my school drunk for the ceremony were we open the envelops. the only potential problem is the local tv station come and films the whole process, so that could be dangerous if the evening news headline says "medical student vomit on professor.

BigPimpin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
Visit site
Status
Oh this is a totally excellent thread...please, keep them coming.

And holy CRAP, I DID NOT put it together that Match Day was on the same day as the first round of the big dance. WHAT A DAY! Here's to a big Carolina loss...

(Made out of copper...HAHAaaaaaa....that's clutch.)

BP

OP
T

txdoc2b

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2004
TX
Visit site
Status
Well, I guess since I asked, I should pitch in as well....
We have our cereomony like everyone else where we put in a dollar as we randomly get called and the last one gets the pot.

But the part I"m looking forward to is the drunkenness that will occur as soon as that's over with and will continue until later that night when our class is having our MAtch Day Party. We rented out a roof top bar overlooking the Strand in Galveston and are having an open bar with 5 kegs, and lots and lots of wine and liquor. It will be a good night! Or a bad one later....but isn't that really just the sign of a REALLY REALLY good night?

HAVE FUN!! :luck: