Match Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shalom2u

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be common knowledge to most of you, but how does Match day usually play out? Do people who've matched get phone calls or emails from the program, or SF Match on the 18th? (I know if you haven't "heard" anything by the 19th you can call SF Match.)
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This may be common knowledge to most of you, but how does Match day usually play out? Do people who've matched get phone calls or emails from the program, or SF Match on the 18th? (I know if you haven't "heard" anything by the 19th you can call SF Match.)
Thanks

I got a call from my Dean bright and early (~6AM mountain time), so the results are out pretty early. About an hour later, I got a call from the program director. I somehow forgot to make it to my anesthesia rotation that day...Good luck!

I got a call from my Dean bright and early (~6AM mountain time), so the results are out pretty early. About an hour later, I got a call from the program director.

That's basically what happened for me.

Dave

Members don't see this ad :)
Just what I needed. Thanks

With match day on Martin Luther King day, I figure I'm going to have to wait until Tuesday.:mad:

What?! Match day is Jan 18th- you are waiting until Thursday... Just so you know. Good luck.

OMG, thank Gd you clarified....I got scared for a sec reading that thinking that match day was actually tomorrow and I dind't know all along! It is on the 18th....Thursday! :luck: :luck:

At least at my school, we have to wait until our Dean gets in to the office and calls us to get the result....