Match Deadline Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gynogal5

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals, I'm a graduated IMG and I had a couple of questions now that the Feb 21st deadline is almost upon us. I tried looking for answers but the NRMP website does not distinguish between already graduated IMGs and 4th year US students.

1. On the deadline website it says "Programs can set SOAP participation status and medical schools begin verifying student/graduate graduation credentials" beginning on Jan 15th (ends Feb 21st). Do I disregard this because it already says Verification Status: Verified on my NRMP page or does my medical school need to do some further verification things?

2. On the same page it also says "Medical schools begin verifying SOAP eligibility of students/graduates" for Mar 5th (ends Mar 7th). Does my school need to verify SOAP eligibility as well or am I already verified as SOAP eligible due to having graduated already and having Verification Status: Verified on NRMP's website?

3. Anything else that needs to be done, as an IMG, besides having been verified by ECFMG and certifying your ROL that I need to do before the 21st of Feb?

Thank you for all your help :D

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for answering my questions so quickly! Just had a quick clarification question. For Q1 above I meant the second part of the statement "and medical schools begin verifying student/graduate graduation credentials". I was wondering if I need to let my medical school know and they do further verification or if the one from ECFMG and subsequently NRMP is enough? Thank you again! :)

I don't know the answer for certain, but I think the answer is still no. US students need to be re-certified, since something might have changed that would prevent them from starting on time. Since you've graduated and ECFMG certified, you're all done and your status should remain unchanged.

Reactions: 1 user