Match Email Content

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toolbox

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all...I called the NRMP the other day and I'm a little confused. I have a two specialty rank list. On the unsafe portion, I have applied to some ER programs. Underneath those I have ranked some transitional year positions. The gal at the NRMP said that I should be able to tell whether I matched ER or TY based upon the wording of the email confirming a successful match. She said something about the TY letter saying something 'like congrats on matching a PGY-1 position.' Can someone please enlighten me on this? Thanks.

"" - anonymous

Members don't see this ad.

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and this link may be helpful...Good luck!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=181063

toolbox said:
Hey all...I called the NRMP the other day and I'm a little confused. I have a two specialty rank list. On the unsafe portion, I have applied to some ER programs. Underneath those I have ranked some transitional year positions. The gal at the NRMP said that I should be able to tell whether I matched ER or TY based upon the wording of the email confirming a successful match. She said something about the TY letter saying something 'like congrats on matching a PGY-1 position.' Can someone please enlighten me on this? Thanks.

"" - anonymous