Match Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahk85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I am applying to 2012 match. I have selected both surgery prelim and urology categorical programs.

I got an email from myEras explaining why one of my LoR wasn't sent out.

This letter is written by Chairperson of Surgery in my uni and he is himself a urologist. It seems the letter's content has recommended me for a urology postion.
MyEras has withheld my letter waiting for my consent to release it. They say it will hinder my chances in prelim surgery programs i have applied to.

I am seeking a professional opinion, how will sending this letter to prelim surgery positions affect my chances? will it help if i mention in my pgy2 specialty selection that i am ultimately seeking urology?

I am waiting for an answer before i reply to ecfmg.

Thanks yall

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I am applying to 2012 match. I have selected both surgery prelim and urology categorical programs.

I got an email from myEras explaining why one of my LoR wasn't sent out.

This letter is written by Chairperson of Surgery in my uni and he is himself a urologist. It seems the letter's content has recommended me for a urology postion.
MyEras has withheld my letter waiting for my consent to release it. They say it will hinder my chances in prelim surgery programs i have applied to.

I am seeking a professional opinion, how will sending this letter to prelim surgery positions affect my chances? will it help if i mention in my pgy2 specialty selection that i am ultimately seeking urology?

I am waiting for an answer before i reply to ecfmg.

Thanks yall

Talk to the chairman and ask him to write a different version of the letter that doesn't mention urology, instead recommending you for a surgical position. You don't want these programs to see what you consider them to be - a backup plan.