Match list: need help

Started by whopper
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Every time I sit down and try to figure out the order of my match list something changes. One of the programs goes from #1 to #3.

Not to sound pompous, but I got a feeling whatever will be #1 will be it. I'm not trying to make myself out to be a god or anything, it just seems to me that most people get their top or 2nd choices.

Hardly any of these programs have gotten reviews on Scutwork and when I went to see the programs in person everyone was very very nice to me. I often wondered if they were nice to sell their program and not because the program itself is as amicable.

The biggest "X" factor I want answered is...will I get along at the program?

Basically, as long as the attendings and higher ranked residents are supportive and act as a team, I'll feel comfortable. I don't want to be in a program where the attending makes you feel like a piece of stool who knows nothing.

Can anyone here fill in any info on the following programs? Are you a resident there or were you a student there?

Temple
U Conn
Bergen Regional
St Lukes
Stoney Brook
UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson New Brunswick
Albert Einstein-Hillside Hospital
UMDNJ-Newark

All the other details such as the hours, the pay etc I got figured out, but I really want to make sure I'll feel like I'm part of a team.