Match list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoosePilot

Y Bombardier
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I wanted to find who matched to a certain school or a certain specialty, are those things published anywhere?

Members don't see this ad.

MoosePilot said:
If I wanted to find who matched to a certain school or a certain specialty, are those things published anywhere?

If you're inquiring as to NAMES, they are occasionally published but generally not until after the intern year has started, everyone has shown up, and the websites, updated.

Some schools might publish names, but I believe these are only accesible to fellow students at that school.

Kimberli Cox said:
If you're inquiring as to NAMES, they are occasionally published but generally not until after the intern year has started, everyone has shown up, and the websites, updated.

Some schools might publish names, but I believe these are only accesible to fellow students at that school.

This is the kind of thing I'm asking about:

http://www.hmc.psu.edu/residency/lists/Terminated and Completed Residents.xls

Are those published for all schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
MoosePilot said:
This is the kind of thing I'm asking about:

http://www.hmc.psu.edu/residency/lists/Terminated and Completed Residents.xls

Are those published for all schools?
Ahh...that darn list (has me listed as a 3rd year resident. After all my pain, they go and gip me out of a year on the listing! :rolleyes:

No, not all schools have those. Some will post a listing of their residents in the department web site, some will have pictures, some might even have email contact for the residents on their web sites. Seems more common with FP for some reason, but obviously I haven't checked out all specialties, or all schools. Its something some schools do, but its a bit of work and as you can see, PSU doesn't even have theirs correct (some others have the wrong year listed as well).

Kimberli Cox said:
Ahh...that darn list (has me listed as a 3rd year resident). After all my pain, they go and gip me out of a year on the listing! :rolleyes:

No, not all schools have those. Some will post a listing of their residents in the department web site, some will have pictures, some might even have email contact for the residents on their web sites. Seems more common with FP for some reason, but obviously I haven't checked out all specialties, or all schools. Its something some schools do, but its a bit of work and as you can see, PSU doesn't even have theirs correct (some others have the wrong year listed as well).

Ah, well that's cool. I was thinking I knew Daniel Chan for some reason.

Kimberli Cox said:
Maybe you do. He's been gone for a couple of years now...not sure where he's practicing.

I dunno, the guy I'm thinking of would be about my age, though, so it might be him.