Match Madness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ImDyinHere

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if I can take the wait anymore. After all this time you'd think I'd be handling this better but 9 more days seems like 9 years and everytime I think about it my stomach turns upside down and I want to hide in a dark corner. What's making it worse is that the cush 4th yr rotation I'm on is giving me too much time to think! The irony of it all!!

Do you think the people here in the doctor's lounge would look at me funny if I just screamed really loud to let out some frustration? Probably...:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

What's making it worse is that the cush 4th yr rotation I'm on is giving me too much time to think!

lol. i'm having the same problem on my rheumatology (read: rheumaholiday) rotation. if someone could give me a pill to take, and i would just wake up next thursday, i would take it in a heartbeat. :sleep:

Just do what I do.........drink a lot more! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Atleast you SOB's dont have it as bad as me. Your waiting till next thurs. I just pray I and my fiance match on monday. We're couples matching anesthesia and rads. Good thing for her I let her rank Rads in front of anesthesia. Meaning she will match if I don't. How much would that suck, she match's and I dont know where to scramble cause I dont know where she matched. I guess I dont have to marry her:D

Good Luck to all

Atleast you SOB's dont have it as bad as me. Your waiting till next thurs. I just pray I and my fiance match on monday. We're couples matching anesthesia and rads. Good thing for her I let her rank Rads in front of anesthesia. Meaning she will match if I don't. How much would that suck, she match's and I dont know where to scramble cause I dont know where she matched. I guess I dont have to marry her:D

Good Luck to all
If she matches and you don't, they actually will tell you where she matched (or at least I think which city) so you can scramble appropriately.

Do they tell you on monday or do I have to wait till thursday???

thanks

If she matches and you don't, they actually will tell you where she matched (or at least I think which city) so you can scramble appropriately.

thanks

tell you first whether you matched, then make you wait a painstakingly neurotic few days before they tell you where.

good luck everyone. residency is phenomenally fun. i've had the best (almost) four years of my life, new kid and all in the middle of it. :)

Good Luck to all

you should call/email the NRMP. i am also couples matching (anes with peds), and if i don't match for a PGY-1 year, i will have to scramble for a first year spot. naturally, i would like to have that spot in the same place as my fiancee, so i emailed the NRMP, and they told me that if i called on Monday (after not matching for the first year spot) that they would tell me what city i matched in so i could start scrambling, into the correct city, on tuesday at noon with everyone else that had to scramble.

you might be able to get the same sort of information monday - just send the NRMP an email, they got back to me within one day. or just call them.

hope this helps.

thanks

again, check with the nrmp, but i am almost certain they will tell you where your S.O. matched to on monday if you end up with half of a couples match.

..does anyone know how the actual format of the email notification for Monday the 12th is set up ?..Specifically, how is one informed as to the status of matching in say, anesthesia but NOT matching for preliminary year...I want to know if I will be wading through text and re reading it over and over to make sure I matched, or is it spelled out plainly? Thanks !

..does anyone know how the actual format of the email notification for Monday the 12th is set up ?..Specifically, how is one informed as to the status of matching in say, anesthesia but NOT matching for preliminary year...I want to know if I will be wading through text and re reading it over and over to make sure I matched, or is it spelled out plainly? Thanks !

from what I've been able to gather, we will get either one of two emails something like this

"Mon, ?? Mar ???? 11:50:00 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Did I Match?

Congratulations! You have matched.

Check the Match Site at
https://services.nrmp.org/r3/ on Thursday March
??, ???? at 1:00 PM EST to find out where you matched. Because you are
matched, you do not have access to any information about unfilled programs."

or

"Mon, ?? Mar ???? 11:50:00 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Did I Match?

Congratulations! You have matched into an advance position, but not a preliminary position.

Check the Match Site at
https://services.nrmp.org/r3/ on Thursday March
??, ???? at 1:00 PM EST to find out where you matched. Because you are
unmatched for a preliminary position, you will have access to any information about unfilled programs."

Every minute has been getting exponentially longer since Feb. 21st. And now it's official... time is at a complete stand still. The NRMP has frozen time and they have us all acting like crackheads. There are people clicking on dead links thinking it means they matched! Don't they think this 3 wks is a little much to run an 8 minute computer program?

registered for step 1, cost: $450
registered for step 2 cs, cost: $950
registered for match, cost: $40
Waiting for the match result, cost: priceless plus the cost of Ambien I pop in every night since feb 21.

p.s. to those who wants to do fellowship 4 years later, this whole thing would come again.