match question- PGY2-4 programs

Started by dogma
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dogma

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am confused about the match results. If you get a result that says you matched, does that mean that you matched into a PGY1 program? I just dont understand if the match result would specify if you matched into BOTH a PGY1 and PGY2 spot.

Did anyone get a result that said that they matched into both a PGY1 and PGY2 spot?

If anyone can clarify this for me, I?d appreciate it.

Congrats to all.
 
i only applied to a PGY 123 and 1234... but i do know of a friend who applied to transitional years and to 234s... for a fact, he matched into a 234 but not into a transitional, so he is scrambling for one right now.. he told me that he has advanced matched, but does not have a PGY1... so this means that his email explicitly stated that...

I hope this is of some help...
Best of luck!
- Samdaman
 
I would just like to second that. My dean's office said that they would contact me to scramble if I hadn't matched both atleast a PGY1 and PGY2 year.