-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Match Results 2007
Started by zen76
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stanford/#1
UC San Diego!!! 😀
My #2, but in all reality, probably a much better fit for me than my #1.
My #2, but in all reality, probably a much better fit for me than my #1.
New Mexico-- Baby!
Same deal-- number two, but probably a better match. I'm excited. It's like the invisible hand... there must be some religious cult of the match somewhere...
This medicine thing is making me bounce around to all the places I've never thought I would live, and who thought I would end up a shrink when I started this all?
Same deal-- number two, but probably a better match. I'm excited. It's like the invisible hand... there must be some religious cult of the match somewhere...
This medicine thing is making me bounce around to all the places I've never thought I would live, and who thought I would end up a shrink when I started this all?
New Mexico-- Baby!
Same deal-- number two, but probably a better match. I'm excited. It's like the invisible hand... there must be some religious cult of the match somewhere...
This medicine thing is making me bounce around to all the places I've never thought I would live, and who thought I would end up a shrink when I started this all?
You'll enjoy the sunshine, mountains and absolutely amazingly delicious food. 👍
Congrats, everyone!! I'm jealous. 😀
Keep the responses coming--and go easy on the livers tonight! 😀
Got my #2, San Antonio 😍 . Not Mayo-----but the location and fit will probably be better. I'm happy!!!!
Tiggernater
Tiggernater
Lutheran General, my third choice, but definitely a better fit than my #2. Now I just have to find a place to live in Chicago on a residents budget
.
You know what really freaked me out? In the paperwork that we will all be filling out is our application for our physician license
. GULP!
.You know what really freaked me out? In the paperwork that we will all be filling out is our application for our physician license
. GULP!Thrilled to get my number one choice, Emory!🙂
Congrats everyone. 🙂
Pitt people, let me know if you want any advice about moving, where to live, whatnot. I'm at the little program across the river, but we can still be friendly. 😉
And congrats on Emory! If I had known at the outset that I wanted to do psych, I totally would have applied there.
Pitt people, let me know if you want any advice about moving, where to live, whatnot. I'm at the little program across the river, but we can still be friendly. 😉
And congrats on Emory! If I had known at the outset that I wanted to do psych, I totally would have applied there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!
New to posting here, but have been reading this site for the past few months.
University of Michigan for me!!!! (top choice). Hope that everyone got one of their top selections on the Ides of Match....
University of Michigan for me!!!! (top choice). Hope that everyone got one of their top selections on the Ides of Match....
New to posting here, but have been reading this site for the past few months.
University of Michigan for me!!!! (top choice). Hope that everyone got one of their top selections on the Ides of Match....
Great! I'll see you there in June...Feel free to PM me for anything.
Same deal-- number two, but probably a better match. I'm excited. It's like the invisible hand... there must be some religious cult of the match somewhere...
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way about getting Michigan. Actually, the only reason it wasn't my #1 was b/c it is pretty far removed from family. Just looking at training, Michigan is a better match for me....😍
Sounds like everyone is getting their top 3's.
Congratulations to all.
Now don't forget to keep the On-Call diaries going now that you're officially "house staff physicians."

Congratulations to all.
Now don't forget to keep the On-Call diaries going now that you're officially "house staff physicians."

I matched at University of Michigan, my #1! Excited to see other folks coming to Ann Arbor with me. Please PM if you feel like it or if you are going to be in the area looking for a place to live!
Congrats Tigger...sorry Mayo didn't work out, but FYI, last week we still had 2feet of snow on the ground so San Antonio is looking mighty appealling right now!
Congrats to all!
Congrats Tigger...sorry Mayo didn't work out, but FYI, last week we still had 2feet of snow on the ground so San Antonio is looking mighty appealling right now!
Congrats to all!
Looks like I'll be joining ya @ MD/Sheppard Pratt, jjbmsiv! Wasn't my #1 but I'm happy b/c I'm from the area originally. Glad to hear that everyone seems happy with their results. Good luck!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Time to trade in my sandals for snow-blowers...
I matched at University of Illinois -Chicago. My #1 baby!!!!
I had WashU-St. Louis as my #1 for about 2-3 months then after thinking about the cities of St. Louis versus Chicago...and the fact that I got most of my family in the chicago area...I changed UIC from my #2 to my #1 on the day we needed to submit our ROL's at about 6pm.
Now, I am excited to finally live in the city!! Dartos, I'm with ya on the "how the hek am I gonna afford chicago on a residents salary"?? Any other windy city shrinks in the house???
🙂
I matched at University of Illinois -Chicago. My #1 baby!!!!
I had WashU-St. Louis as my #1 for about 2-3 months then after thinking about the cities of St. Louis versus Chicago...and the fact that I got most of my family in the chicago area...I changed UIC from my #2 to my #1 on the day we needed to submit our ROL's at about 6pm.
Now, I am excited to finally live in the city!! Dartos, I'm with ya on the "how the hek am I gonna afford chicago on a residents salary"?? Any other windy city shrinks in the house???
🙂
Time to trade in my sandals for snow-blowers...
I matched at University of Illinois -Chicago. My #1 baby!!!!
I had WashU-St. Louis as my #1 for about 2-3 months then after thinking about the cities of St. Louis versus Chicago...and the fact that I got most of my family in the chicago area...I changed UIC from my #2 to my #1 on the day we needed to submit our ROL's at about 6pm.
Now, I am excited to finally live in the city!! Dartos, I'm with ya on the "how the hek am I gonna afford chicago on a residents salary"?? Any other windy city shrinks in the house???
🙂
CONGRATULATIONS
Were there other NSU MS4 matching in psych?
Beth Israel (NY, NY). My number 2.
i was totally bummed for awhile, as i was dying for my first choice (st vincents how could you do this to me???), but there's nothing wrong with beth israel (why i ranked it #2), so i need to quit my whining!
speaking of the invisible hand, beth israel is on 1st ave and 14th st, and my boyfriend matched at nyu, on 1st ave and 34th st. 10 blocks away! thats pretty amazing. maybe its meant to be after all! living in sin, anyone?? 👍
i was totally bummed for awhile, as i was dying for my first choice (st vincents how could you do this to me???), but there's nothing wrong with beth israel (why i ranked it #2), so i need to quit my whining!
speaking of the invisible hand, beth israel is on 1st ave and 14th st, and my boyfriend matched at nyu, on 1st ave and 34th st. 10 blocks away! thats pretty amazing. maybe its meant to be after all! living in sin, anyone?? 👍
matched at Rosalind Franklin University...Chicago here I come!!!
what freaks me out is the license requirements...and how much the moving from East Coast to Chicago will cost me
what freaks me out is the license requirements...and how much the moving from East Coast to Chicago will cost me

Matched at Baylor!! http://img.studentdoctor.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
🙂. Anyone else going there?
🙂. Anyone else going there?
Congratulations to you all!
Anyone else?
Anyone else?
matched at Rosalind Franklin University...Chicago here I come!!!
what freaks me out is the license requirements...and how much the moving from East Coast to Chicago will cost me![]()
Depending on where you want to settle, since you will be working at 3 different locations, that part of Chicago shouldn't be TOO insanely expensive. Of course I don't know what prices you are used to...
Beth Israel (NY, NY). My number 2.
i was totally bummed for awhile, as i was dying for my first choice (st vincents how could you do this to me???), but there's nothing wrong with beth israel (why i ranked it #2), so i need to quit my whining!
speaking of the invisible hand, beth israel is on 1st ave and 14th st, and my boyfriend matched at nyu, on 1st ave and 34th st. 10 blocks away! thats pretty amazing. maybe its meant to be after all! living in sin, anyone?? 👍
Congrats on the match!
Just make sure you walk an EXTRA 10 blocks to get to your bf's place. (14th st + 10 blocks= 24th street!). Haha. Sorry, I was just bored today.
USC- my number 2. I was bummed at first because I LOVED WashU and flew from california mid winter to make sure they knew it for nothing. 🙁 But living close to my entire family in southern california will be great and I loved the new couple in charge at USC. Congrats to all!
USC- my number 2. I was bummed at first because I LOVED WashU and flew from california mid winter to make sure they knew it for nothing. 🙁 But living close to my entire family in southern california will be great and I loved the new couple in charge at USC. Congrats to all!
That's great CariBeaner. I interviewed there as well and really loved the Pato's. I think they're going to make it an outstanding department!
Congrats on the match!
Just make sure you walk an EXTRA 10 blocks to get to your bf's place. (14th st + 10 blocks= 24th street!). Haha. Sorry, I was just bored today.
i was never good at math 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congratulations to all!!!
i don't mean to cut the thread. i'm wondering if anyone who matched here came from caribbean, UK, Canada, AUS (or elsewhere) med schools???
perhaps saying where you graduated from and where you matched may be helpful to upcoming med students (I hear psychiatry is likely to continue to be a "not so competitive" residency), so it will help me to think of what to do. so far i got a place for an UK med school and plan on going but I want to return to the US for residency
if you think i have frontal lobe damage for considering leaving the US and coming back here later, please say so - i figure you all know a bit more about the brain/personalities than i do. i promise your advice will be taken with a grain of salt too, so analyze away...
i don't mean to cut the thread. i'm wondering if anyone who matched here came from caribbean, UK, Canada, AUS (or elsewhere) med schools???
perhaps saying where you graduated from and where you matched may be helpful to upcoming med students (I hear psychiatry is likely to continue to be a "not so competitive" residency), so it will help me to think of what to do. so far i got a place for an UK med school and plan on going but I want to return to the US for residency
if you think i have frontal lobe damage for considering leaving the US and coming back here later, please say so - i figure you all know a bit more about the brain/personalities than i do. i promise your advice will be taken with a grain of salt too, so analyze away...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 448