apellous

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Visit site
Status
I guess I will go first.

Indiana University first choice

I know your going to ask how did you find out so here goes. I am a DO student and I wanted to do DO internship but I also did not want to eliminate the 4 year programs too.

If you match to a DO program internship(the match is in FEB) you are kicked out of the four year positions. So I scrambled for the internship on Tuesday. Many dont fill b/c there are not enough DO to fill them. Anyway I call NRMP to see if they would tell me where I matched so I could get an internship close by and they told me over the phone b/c I was in the scramble. I hope this is not a Violation to post this since it would be very easy for them to figure this out.

Apellous

gasgodess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
Status
apellous said:
I guess I will go first.

Indiana University first choice

I know your going to ask how did you find out so here goes. I am a DO student and I wanted to do DO internship but I also did not want to eliminate the 4 year programs too.

If you match to a DO program internship(the match is in FEB) you are kicked out of the four year positions. So I scrambled for the internship on Tuesday. Many dont fill b/c there are not enough DO to fill them. Anyway I call NRMP to see if they would tell me where I matched so I could get an internship close by and they told me over the phone b/c I was in the scramble. I hope this is not a Violation to post this since it would be very easy for them to figure this out.

Apellous
Congrats!! Hopefully we can all be so lucky

JP2005

HOPKINS GAS PASSER
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 20, 2001
NYC/Baltimore
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
congrats.......

jenjas

REDSOXNATION
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2002
New Freakin Jersey
Visit site
Status
Indiana is a fantastic program! I ranked it #2, but almost wish I would have ranked it #1. Congrats. That place was awesome!

serenity

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Status
jenjas said:
Indiana is a fantastic program! I ranked it #2, but almost wish I would have ranked it #1. Congrats. That place was awesome!
Ranked Indiana #2 too,would be ecstatic if I match at Yale/Indiana.Dr Nakata is a very resourceful and bright person.