Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwill

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://stmatthews.edu/residencyplace.html

For a school that disapproved by Carlifornia, the redencies increase compare to the previous match results. Congrats to everyone that matched

Let use that thread to add match results for other Caribbean schools.

Members don't see this ad.

http://stmatthews.edu/residencyplace.html

For a school that disapproved by Carlifornia, the redencies increase compare to the previous match results. Congrats to everyone that matched

Let use that thread to add match results for other Caribbean schools.

there is nothing impressive with primary care and a few surgery prelims (easiest in the match)

there is nothing impressive with primary care and a few surgery prelims (easiest in the match)

you are right. Most people match in primary care when you are an IMG. It is better than not matching at all. you should congratulate all that matched for the hard work, instead putting them down like it nothing. Some people don't even make it through residency.
Also Most people in the big 4 end up in primary care...

Members don't see this ad :)
I see 3 OB spots and 1 EM which from what I hear were all hard to get this year!It is great for a new school to be getting some positive match results! Congrats to all!!

you are right. Most people match in primary care when you are an IMG. It is better than not matching at all. you should congratulate all that matched for the hard work, instead putting them down like it nothing. Some people don't even make it through residency.
Also Most people in the big 4 end up in primary care...

Buddy first of all there are only the big 2....ross and st. george. they are the only 2 schools capable of getting specialty residencies...

here are some ross examples from this year.....

Cleveland clinic...gen surgery (C), Mayo clinic Anesthesia, Georgetown (IM), UMDNJ General surgery (C), ........wait a few months and the full list will be updated.

I am not gonna argue with you further...the match list should speak for itself.
THe US MDs and DOs are prolly laughing at us all.

Buddy first of all there are only the big 2....ross and st. george. they are the only 2 schools capable of getting specialty residencies...

Cleveland clinic...gen surgery (C), Mayo clinic Anesthesia, Georgetown (IM), UMDNJ General surgery (C), ........wait a few months and the full list will be updated.

I never said they don't get in specialty residencies. I said most of them get in primary care. To conclude most people who came from caribbean school got in primary care

See, that's the problem with absolutes. I see two Anesthesiology positions (Rush & Wayne State), one EM, one Neurology, and two PM&R (USF & Case Western). Also, they have clearly seperated the four Prelim Surgery matches from the 3 General Surgery positions (Marion Joy, Mt. Sinai, and one in the UK).

Belittling others doesn't make you look better, it just makes you look small. There were specialty matches at that school this year, how does it harm you to admit that? There are better Match lists than SMU's, just as there are better ones than Ross's.

See, that's the problem with absolutes. I see two Anesthesiology positions (Rush & Wayne State), one EM, one Neurology, and two PM&R (USF & Case Western). Also, they have clearly seperated the four Prelim Surgery matches from the 3 General Surgery positions (Marion Joy, Mt. Sinai, and one in the UK).

Belittling others doesn't make you look better, it just makes you look small. There were specialty matches at that school this year, how does it harm you to admit that? There are better Match lists than SMU's, just as there are better ones than Ross's.

Agree, nice match list. It's good St. Matthews is able to post those results so quickly.

this is the most disrespectful post that ive seen in a while....i hate to break it to you but you are an IMG just as the rest of us are, it doesnt matter if you went to Ross or SMU, program directors will see you as an IMG....you need to lose the superiority complex that you have (by the way i was accepted to Ross and decided against them).......people with attitudes such as yours do nothing to help IMG's, you just appear foolish and arrogant

THe US MDs and DOs are prolly laughing at us all.[/quote]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

this is the most disrespectful post that ive seen in a while....i hate to break it to you but you are an IMG just as the rest of us are, it doesnt matter if you went to Ross or SMU, program directors will see you as an IMG....you need to lose the superiority complex that you have (by the way i was accepted to Ross and decided against them).......people with attitudes such as yours do nothing to help IMG's, you just appear foolish and arrogant

i'm glad u chose against ross. Good luck buddy!

Hey Shah-

You are one arrogant SOB! :mad: People find out where they matched and let the c*cksucking begin!

Dude, I go to Ross and when I saw the match list, I felt pretty happy for those guys at St. Matthews. Please bro, you go to Ross just like me. How come you couldn't get into a US medical school? Because you weren't smart enough? This is the mentality that pervades all of medicine which makes me sick. I am sick to my stomach with all the freaking egos out there. Dude, if you think your so smart how come you didn't match into Mass General? Maybe because you couldn't get into a US medical school? You could have applied to Mass General if you went to a US medical school :love: . But no, you got into Ross :( Dude, if you sent your Ross application there, I think they would have used it for toilet paper.

You may belittle the guys who matched at St Matthews, but remember that those guys at Mass General and Mayo are probably belittling your candy IMG a@# at the same time. To make yourself feel better you got to take a shot at those ppl you think you can. Just like the surgeon treating his resident or the scrub nurse like cr*p, but when the freaking Chairman of Surgery comes around he's bowing down to him like a king.

To those guys who matched at St. Matthews congrats. Please don't take Shah's remarks as representative of those students who attend Ross.

You know what impresses me, Shah? Those doctors who are at the top of their game and are still humble and modest about what they have accomplished. Yes, they are rare, but when you come across one, you'll know what I mean...

This thread is turning ugly pretty fast.

Although I do not agree with everything Shah has said, I am sure we have all said things that we did not mean or should have framed differently. Give Shah a break.

As to the St. Matts residency list. It is not impressive in terms of competitive residencies but it falls in line with the rest of the Caribbean schools because it has a majority of spots filled in IM and FM. Congrats to all who matched.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Shah-

You are one arrogant SOB! :mad: People find out where they matched and let the c*cksucking begin!

Dude, I go to Ross and when I saw the match list, I felt pretty happy for those guys at St. Matthews. Please bro, you go to Ross just like me. How come you couldn't get into a US medical school? Because you weren't smart enough? This is the mentality that pervades all of medicine which makes me sick. I am sick to my stomach with all the freaking egos out there. Dude, if you think your so smart how come you didn't match into Mass General? Maybe because you couldn't get into a US medical school? You could have applied to Mass General if you went to a US medical school :love: . But no, you got into Ross :( Dude, if you sent your Ross application there, I think they would have used it for toilet paper.

You may belittle the guys who matched at St Matthews, but remember that those guys at Mass General and Mayo are probably belittling your candy IMG a@# at the same time. To make yourself feel better you got to take a shot at those ppl you think you can. Just like the surgeon treating his resident or the scrub nurse like cr*p, but when the freaking Chairman of Surgery comes around he's bowing down to him like a king.

To those guys who matched at St. Matthews congrats. Please don't take Shah's remarks as representative of those students who attend Ross.

You know what impresses me, Shah? Those doctors who are at the top of their game and are still humble and modest about what they have accomplished. Yes, they are rare, but when you come across one, you'll know what I mean...

sorry to get u pissed....but in real life...i am very different...and very supportive to all IMGs....as I am one myself.....

Although the list isn't large or impressive, they still have filled their dreams and became a doctor (which many of you aren't yet). It's funny how someone in your own group said that we (DO and AMG's) are laughing at you. I couldn't give a SH** where you go, But if I met one of those students in person I would say good job!

sorry to get u pissed....but in real life...i am very different...and very supportive to all IMGs....as I am one myself.....

Man I think you have some real issues, first you were against DO's, now you are against your own people (IMG's), and before you were against PT's. What's going on in your life? are you ok there? I'm worry about you. You...., did you match somewhere? if not, let me know. I will hock you up with my buddy, he is a PT and have a spot available.

Shah matched into an IM (university) program, I think. S/he is aiming for Card fellowship.

Man I think you have some real issues, first you were against DO's, now you are against your own people (IMG's), and before you were against PT's. What's going on in your life? are you ok there? I'm worry about you. You...., did you match somewhere? if not, let me know. I will hock you up with my buddy, he is a PT and have a spot available.

You DOs have nothing better to do?

Always following me around on these forums......and you just cant resist the urge to comment? Dude...I think it's getting quite pathological now.....move on.....get some help......and release the stress some other way...

message deleted

Is the list published somewhere or is that just what you know from your friends? If it's published, could you please send me a link (I looked all over Ross's site and couldn't find it--they only have 2005 & 2006 on there: http://www.rossu.edu/med/whyross/recordachieve_041.cfm)

I think it'd take a few more months before the school posts an official list for 2007 Match.

OK, thanks.

This is the match results for St James:

http://www.sjsm.org/news.php

2007 Residency Match

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL SUCCESSFUL SJSM GRADS!!!!!
Dear Students!!

We are pleased to announce the placement 12 of our students who applied for the 2007 Residency Match. 18 students applied for the Match where 3 students got residency through PRE-MATCH of which totally 12 students have confirmed their placement in the following disciplines and states:

Internal Medicine: Mercy Hospital, Chicago

Pediatrics: LSU, New Orleans

Family Medicine: SCU Decateur Memorial Hospital, Illinois

Psychiatry: University of Charleston, West Virginia

Family Practice: St Joseph, Chicago,IL

Family Practice: Southern Illinois University

The Administration of SJSM would like to congratulate them all on their outstanding performance and wish them all good luck!!