Match vs. No Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did NRMP give you any lovin'?

• Yes, time to get drunker.

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • Nope, hide the razor blades.

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
stormjen said:
I actually got an email from a program where I interviewed that didn't fill. They basically told me that they don't know which residents they got until tomorrow, but if I didn't match to please contact them for one of the spots they didn't fill.

That's peculiar. Because that suggests that they did not rank you. If they had, there would be no reason to contact you. Maybe I'm overanalyzing.

Oh wait, just thought of a reason. They are possibly thinking that you may have not ranked them at all, and possibly gone unmatched as a result? Does that make sense?

Members don't see this ad.

joedogma said:
Heard this also...I think that your medical school will also have access to this information tomorrow. Just tell us already...
That's just craptaculous. Maybe I'll try to wheedle my way into some info tomorrow - tell a sob story here or there, blink my eyes a couple of times... just tell me the state where I matched, nothing else...

yaah said:
That's peculiar. Because that suggests that they did not rank you. If they had, there would be no reason to contact you. Maybe I'm overanalyzing.

Oh wait, just thought of a reason. They are possibly thinking that you may have not ranked them at all, and possibly gone unmatched as a result? Does that make sense?

I was assuming your second thought: they were checking to see if I didn't match and would like to go there even though I didn't rank them originally. But I did in fact rank them and could very well be matched into the program already.

If they didn't rank me, then why would they suddenly want me? I tend to overanalyze things too and already thought of the possibility they didn't rank me and are now thinking "oops, maybe we want her more than some random person we've never met!".

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
Mrs. Simpson! You did not pay for that bottle of Colonel Kwik-E-Mart's Kentucky Bourbon!
So many great quotes from Apu.

Mr.Simpson--A Twizzler is not a sprinkle...A Mounds is not a sprinkle...A Jolly Rancher is NOT a sprinkle!

Yes, I finked on Homer, but, you know, he deserved it. Never have I seen such abuse of the take-a-penny-leave-a-penny tray.

This passport is a cheap forgery! A cheap $2,000 forgery!

I wish I hadn't seen every episode of The Simpsons three billion times, so I could enjoy its humor anew.

stormjen said:
I wish I hadn't seen every episode of The Simpsons three billion times, so I could enjoy its humor anew.
I still laugh every time, but then, I'm a simple man. :)

geddy said:
So many great quotes from Apu.

Mr.Simpson--A Twizzler is not a sprinkle...A Mounds is not a sprinkle...A Jolly Rancher is NOT a sprinkle!

Yes, I finked on Homer, but, you know, he deserved it. Never have I seen such abuse of the take-a-penny-leave-a-penny tray.

This passport is a cheap forgery! A cheap $2,000 forgery!

Try my new Chutney flavored squishy. You can really taste the Chutney!