Matched!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gree0411

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's official. I am going to be an EM Doc.

Now I just have to wait until Thursday.

Members don't see this ad.

Me too. I can finally breathe again.

Members don't see this ad :)
yo tambien. crazy. :D

Me too. Congrats all!

how would i know if I matched into a PGY2 spot and Prelim? I got the message "congrats you matched." Anyone know the scoop? Thanks

got the email too but don't know if I got a EM or the 1 IM program I used as backup. Oh well like my wife said at least I know I will have a job.

Way to go. 2 days 23 hours and 54 min to go.

yo tambien, tambien!!!

congrats everybody!

matched! now where in the hell are we headed? :laugh: :thumbup: :D

scarface said:
how would i know if I matched into a PGY2 spot and Prelim? I got the message "congrats you matched." Anyone know the scoop? Thanks

if you matched completely, it says "congrats you matched," if you didn't, it tells you. what i heard... :idea:

Congrats to all of you that matched! I hope you matched at your top choice!

Just don't forget SDN when you become big bad EM residents... stop by and keep contributing!

Q

Life is gooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to my fellow EM matchees. :cool:

Powder said:
Life is gooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to my fellow EM matchees. :cool:
Yea Baby! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Me three....

Although I guess today was more important, I feel even more anxious now about Thursday...

matched......now the next wait begins---good luck all on first choices!!!

Me four!

Today really felt like more of a formality - yes you've matched. Now sit on pins and needles for another few days! Gah. 69 hours to go.

does anyone know whether the deans know the state/city of our match? not that it would change anything at this point, but it would allow me to guess whether I'm 4-yr bound or 3.

Yeah - Congratulations! It's nice to know that some of you will be making my life much easier in the next year ;) Seriously - Go out tonight, tomorrow, and the day after and get crazy. Don't forget how you feel today, because regardless of where you match, the important thing is that you did!

4 years of med school....70,000$
Lots of interviews ....1,500$ (at least!)
Matching in EM....priceless!!!

Congrats to all and can't wait until Thursday.

J'kins

I'm in. My significant other also since we couples matched. Can't wait until Thursday. Crossing my fingers for #1!

Add me to the list. Congrats to everyone.

well... i guess this means i can retract my application to be a "blockbuster customer associate." congrats all... mayhap i'll see some of you soon...

59:03:33 (not that i'm counting)

-t

Suckers..... I actually managed to fool all those EM Attendings!!! I'm in!

i guess i'll have to change my sdn account name now... :) maybe EMmatched?

sigep628 said:
got the email too but don't know if I got a EM or the 1 IM program I used as backup. Oh well like my wife said at least I know I will have a job.

Way to go. 2 days 23 hours and 54 min to go.

I am in the same boat. I ranked a prelim as a back up. If you matched at the prelim, it would say "congratulations! You ranked into a ONE year program!" instead of "congratulations you matched". I called NRMP to find out about this. You can call them to verify this info.

paisley05 said:
Me too. I can finally breathe again.

Keeping my fingers crossed I'll see your name on our list tomm! :D

im so thankful i got the good email. otherwise i would have been screwed since im in guatemala learning spanish... oh man, i cant even imagine how stressed out id be on the plane ride home

roja said:
Keeping my fingers crossed I'll see your name on our list tomm! :D

Roja,

Does this mean that programs find out who matched at their residency a day before the applicants do?

Thanks

Yeah. Actually the programs will know around 8am this morning. I think last year we got an email with a hey, introduce yourself to our new interns that night with instructions to wait till after match.....

Haven't posted for a while...congrats to all of our new colleagues, hope to see some of you at UVA!!