-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
matched
Started by slope
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I matched too!!! Now if I just knew where....
thanks, guys, and congrats to all of you who matched! what position on your ROL do you think you matched with?
👍 Matched. Will post where next few days.😉
Oh c'mon...tell us now!!! Don't be coy. 😉

a friend of mine matched for a PGY1 DO internship, and a PGY2 anesthesia spot. he called the nrmp to find out what city he matched in, so he could attempt to scramble into a transitional year in the same city (since the nrmp only knows that he matched into a PGY2 spot, and not a PGY1 spot). they told him what city he was in- and he only applied to one program in that city, so he knows where he matched! sneaky! i've been sitting here trying to devise a reason to need to know ahead of time ... can't come up with anything plausible!
a friend of mine matched for a PGY1 DO internship, and a PGY2 anesthesia spot. he called the nrmp to find out what city he matched in, so he could attempt to scramble into a transitional year in the same city (since the nrmp only knows that he matched into a PGY2 spot, and not a PGY1 spot). they told him what city he was in- and he only applied to one program in that city, so he knows where he matched! sneaky! i've been sitting here trying to devise a reason to need to know ahead of time ... can't come up with anything plausible!
Sounds like you matched? I know you were worried....Great job! 👍
It seems that over on the match board here at SDN, several people have called the NRMP folks up to learn about what city they've matched in. I think this was due to scrambling for a pre-lim year while matching successfully in the pgy-2.
So... do you think there is any way for those who have matched (with none of the prelim business) to call up and find out what city we're in? I know this would tell me whether I got my number 1 or not, and I bet it'd be helpful for a lot of other folks too. Of course, this begs the corrolary: Am I just being silly/anxious/******ed, and should I just wait for thursday?
So... do you think there is any way for those who have matched (with none of the prelim business) to call up and find out what city we're in? I know this would tell me whether I got my number 1 or not, and I bet it'd be helpful for a lot of other folks too. Of course, this begs the corrolary: Am I just being silly/anxious/******ed, and should I just wait for thursday?

It seems that over on the match board here at SDN, several people have called the NRMP folks up to learn about what city they've matched in. I think this was due to scrambling for a pre-lim year while matching successfully in the pgy-2.
So... do you think there is any way for those who have matched (with none of the prelim business) to call up and find out what city we're in? I know this would tell me whether I got my number 1 or not, and I bet it'd be helpful for a lot of other folks too. Of course, this begs the corrolary: Am I just being silly/anxious/******ed, and should I just wait for thursday?![]()
Just wait until Thursday. What fun would Christmas morning be if you'd already opened all your presents on December 23rd?!!! 😀
a friend of mine matched for a PGY1 DO internship, and a PGY2 anesthesia spot. he called the nrmp to find out what city he matched in, so he could attempt to scramble into a transitional year in the same city (since the nrmp only knows that he matched into a PGY2 spot, and not a PGY1 spot). they told him what city he was in- and he only applied to one program in that city, so he knows where he matched! sneaky! i've been sitting here trying to devise a reason to need to know ahead of time ... can't come up with anything plausible!
Could your friend really scramble even though (s)he already has a PGY1 spot, or was (s)he just saying that? I understand that NRMP doesn't know about the PGY1 spot, so (s)he can say (s)he is going to scramble whether it's true or not. I wonder though if technically (s)he can get out of that spot to scramble into a spot in the city that (s)he wants to be in. Is this prohibited or can you get away with it if the PGY1 spot that you got was outside of the NRMP match?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wait until Thursday. What fun would Christmas morning be if you'd already opened all your presents on December 23rd?!!! 😀
That attitude has never stopped any of my kids from picking at the wrapping paper and digging to the backs of closets.

Congrats to all!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 17
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 78
- Views
- 16K