matched

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! I matched into a PGY-1 psych position as well. I can't wait to find out if I got my top choice or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I matched too!!! Now if I just knew where....

:thumbup: Matched. Will post where next few days.;)

Yeah, I want to know too. Don't be secretive.

a friend of mine matched for a PGY1 DO internship, and a PGY2 anesthesia spot. he called the nrmp to find out what city he matched in, so he could attempt to scramble into a transitional year in the same city (since the nrmp only knows that he matched into a PGY2 spot, and not a PGY1 spot). they told him what city he was in- and he only applied to one program in that city, so he knows where he matched! sneaky! i've been sitting here trying to devise a reason to need to know ahead of time ... can't come up with anything plausible!

a friend of mine matched for a PGY1 DO internship, and a PGY2 anesthesia spot. he called the nrmp to find out what city he matched in, so he could attempt to scramble into a transitional year in the same city (since the nrmp only knows that he matched into a PGY2 spot, and not a PGY1 spot). they told him what city he was in- and he only applied to one program in that city, so he knows where he matched! sneaky! i've been sitting here trying to devise a reason to need to know ahead of time ... can't come up with anything plausible!

Sounds like you matched? I know you were worried....Great job! :thumbup:

OK, It could be in any of this.......
Fresno, CA
Loma Linda, CA
Hennepin, MN

I wish I knew too.:confused:

It seems that over on the match board here at SDN, several people have called the NRMP folks up to learn about what city they've matched in. I think this was due to scrambling for a pre-lim year while matching successfully in the pgy-2.

So... do you think there is any way for those who have matched (with none of the prelim business) to call up and find out what city we're in? I know this would tell me whether I got my number 1 or not, and I bet it'd be helpful for a lot of other folks too. Of course, this begs the corrolary: Am I just being silly/anxious/******ed, and should I just wait for thursday? :laugh:

It seems that over on the match board here at SDN, several people have called the NRMP folks up to learn about what city they've matched in. I think this was due to scrambling for a pre-lim year while matching successfully in the pgy-2.

So... do you think there is any way for those who have matched (with none of the prelim business) to call up and find out what city we're in? I know this would tell me whether I got my number 1 or not, and I bet it'd be helpful for a lot of other folks too. Of course, this begs the corrolary: Am I just being silly/anxious/******ed, and should I just wait for thursday? :laugh:

Just wait until Thursday. What fun would Christmas morning be if you'd already opened all your presents on December 23rd?!!! :D

Could your friend really scramble even though (s)he already has a PGY1 spot, or was (s)he just saying that? I understand that NRMP doesn't know about the PGY1 spot, so (s)he can say (s)he is going to scramble whether it's true or not. I wonder though if technically (s)he can get out of that spot to scramble into a spot in the city that (s)he wants to be in. Is this prohibited or can you get away with it if the PGY1 spot that you got was outside of the NRMP match?