Matched!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Going to St. Luke's/Roosevelt in NYC! Super excited. Where are you all going?

Members don't see this ad.

Going to a badass academic program in the northeast, super-stoked. Thanks so much SDN for helping me through all this process.

Congrats to all that matched and to those that didn't, don't give up.

Last edited:
Going to UF-Jacksonville :) Very happy.

Members don't see this ad :)
the class above me got into Orlando, Univ of Nebraska, Emory, KU, and Texas A&M

Wright State University in Dayton....couldn't be happier. It was my number one with some other really great programs listed behind it. Best wishes to everyone who matched and good luck to everyone who contines to persue the EM dream. Trust me.....with hard work and determination anything is possible, just dont give up hope. JB you rock!

Okay, I have a dilemma.... I want to tell, but I don't want to retire my screen name or give myself a way. A girl likes a little anonymity. But I will say this....... Manhattan, baby!

I am ecstatic, headed to my #1 Baystate in Springfield, MA.

Congrats to All... now get off your computers and go drink some green beer! :luck:

Also don't want to give myself away, but I matched at my first choice in NYC! I'm very excited~

Thank you very much to everyone here ~ really got a lot of advice from you lovely people. I hope you all are happy with your choices and good luck with intern year! :thumbup::love:

I too dont want to give myself away. I like my screen name :)

But I am stoked, and will be enjoying the Cali Weather!

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is boring :sleep: if you don't post where you are going; unless you are the only resident in your class your anonymity will likely be preserved.

Congratulations to all that matched. :thumbup:

I'm also heading down to UF Jacksonville. Very excited

This thread is boring :sleep: if you don't post where you are going; unless you are the only resident in your class your anonymity will likely be preserved.

Exactly. It makes me think of that scene in "The American President", when the president wants to stop at a flower shop, and an adviser (Michael J. Fox) dissents, as the place hasn't been cleared. The president asks if there could be a dissident Arab just waiting for such a chance, and he says, "It's possible".

1. A username that is not specific (I don't see "John Smith" or "RinaTheIndianGirl")
2. Few posts, so discerning who one is from what one has written is difficult

Put these together, plus the obvious element that, so what if people know who you are? There's one kid here that, 5 years ago, put his location right on, and I never knew who he was except for when he told me expressly 6 months ago. There are many others who've given enough information to find them (me included), and, yet, I still remain mostly unknown. One person did find me, because the way I write is the way I speak, and then what happened? Nothing!

Even if a person goes to a small program like St. Luke's or Duke, still, if a person says "I matched <there>!"....umm, OK. If it's a big place like USC, it's still....umm, OK.

In my senior year of residency, we had an applicant that was a former "Miss Alaska". When I was a med student, I knew a resident that had been an Olympian. The former, I don't even remember her name. The latter, I do recall her name (and her status as an Olympic competitor is splattered all over the residency website), yet, still, so what?

The sum total is as such: everyone actually had to talk to people at these programs, and has to wear a nametag stating who they are, and an anonymous "I matched!" - well, you might as well not post.

*poof*

Matched. :)

PM me for details/questions - especially if you are a DO student going through this process in the future!

Last edited:

Congratulations to all that matched. :thumbup:

Not to mention that one of the posters had already posted her rank list, and the location gives it away. If you're going to be secretive, you need to do better than that!:laugh:

Vandy!!! I am SO excited!!!!!! Congrats to everyone

Denver! cannot believe it.

Jacobi / Montefiore: The most badass program in the country.

UNM. So stoked!

where did you match? why are you so unhappy?

If I had to guess, it would be that this person is unmatched. If that person is THAT unhappy with matching at a place where s/he interviewed and ranked, then I would tender that the issue lies with that person, and not the match or the program.

Congrats everyone! I am not going to say where I matched, but I am happy :)

Massachusetts here I come!!

Last edited:
If I had to guess, it would be that this person is unmatched. If that person is THAT unhappy with matching at a place where s/he interviewed and ranked, then I would tender that the issue lies with that person, and not the match or the program.

Or he/she went so far down the list, potentially the bottom. Most of my friends ranked every program... match or go unemployed is the question. They all chose they'd rather match.

And be insanely, over the wall pissed? Again, I say that that is a problem with the person.

Yeah. I think he's right. I'm actually quite happy with the idea of going there now, and I just needed a day to settle. EM is going to be great anywhere, and I'm going to a great program. Congratulations to everyone who matched this year. It's the end of an incredible 4 years, and the start of an amazing career.

Yeah. I think he's right. I'm actually quite happy with the idea of going there now, and I just needed a day to settle. EM is going to be great anywhere, and I'm going to a great program. Congratulations to everyone who matched this year. It's the end of an incredible 4 years, and the start of an amazing career.

Hmm...Like others, I thought you hadn't matched. You sure did need time to settle in...

Just keep things in perspective. It's three years (or maybe four but most likely three). It might seem like where you do your residency training is a big deal now but in the overall scheme it is not. You're gonna be there for three years and it will fly by. When you're done, you will be excellently trained in Emergency Medicine and have your pick of the jobs.

Congrats to everyone who matched, I can remember that being such a bear off my chest after "match week hell". Enjoy the next few months and take some time off. Drink a few beers. Yea, you'll be encouraging everyone else later on to use the extra time to study and take Step 3 before residency, but really now... does anyone actually ever do that? It always sounds good in theory, and I had every intention of doing that before starting residency...turned into Feb the following year. Now go celebrate. I'm just glad I matched when I did, it sounds like the competition is getting more fierce these days.

Yeah, I was thinking about the step 3 thing. I want to hang out but I know 3 months with no structure and I'm going to be a mess. (My last real rotation was in November, so I'm already pretty caught up on movies and books.) If I watch anymore Law and Order they're going to give me a JD. After the interview season my finances have informed me that 3 months in Europe may not be a good idea. Hmmm. Might need to start a "matched in EM and bored in NYC" group. Anyone interested? I just found a place that has $6 movie tickets (half of normal New York price)

You want to live in Noho, not Springfield. Trust me.

What he said. Or maybe one of the hill towns (although getting off 91 makes your commute suck more). Maybe Easthampton (close to the highway, mountains and town). Was just there yesterday. Miss it already.

What he said. Or maybe one of the hill towns (although getting off 91 makes your commute suck more). Maybe Easthampton (close to the highway, mountains and town). Was just there yesterday. Miss it already.

If I wasn't committed to buying on the street we're already living on, I'd think Easthampton as well.