Materials Engineering/ Pre Med

Started by jaws12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jaws12

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here is the deal
I am currently a fall semester senior studying Materials Science and Engineering
I recently decided that I 100% want to study medicine
I have a 3.7 GPA and research experience in both biology and materials science
I will have taken all but 3 pre-requisite classes that my university deems necessary for medical school by the time that I 'should be graduating' (Spring 2017)
What do I d0?
Do I stay an extra semester and take all 3 classes at once?
Do I do a post-bacc program?
Do I need to start looking for clinical experience now?
Just need some advice on how I should navigate the road to medical school
 
What do I d0? - shadow more physicians, take the MCAT, check prereqs of other schools
Do I stay an extra semester and take all 3 classes at once? - yes
Do I do a post-bacc program? - no
Do I need to start looking for clinical experience now? - yes