Math and Science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the Science GPA, do they combine the Math AND science GPA or do each one separately because then my Science GPA comes out to 2.74 (Horrible, I know) and my Math GPA comes out to a 4.0. Will they combine these two on the application? Sorry, if this may be a dumb question.

Members don't see this ad.

I think when you said "they", you mean PharmCAS. If so, PharmCAS will not combine both your math and science GPA for the calculated "science" GPA. You will have two different calculated GPAs for Science and Math. A cumulative GPA of all your courses will also be in place.

Thanks for the reply! Sorry I didn't specify.

Also, does anyone know if Statistics counts in the Math GPA or Science GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, I didn't know that. It'll be amusing later on for me to calculate my math GPA and laugh at how pathetic it is compared to my cumulative GPA. I think I've made an 'A' in only one math class.

I hope you're right about the Cumulative GPA part because right now I feel like I have no hope with my 2.75 science and 3.4 cumulative gpa.

I hope you're right about the Cumulative GPA part because right now I feel like I have no hope with my 2.75 science and 3.4 cumulative gpa.

Even though the cGPA might be more important, the sGPA is important as well since more than likely it will encompass the majority of the core and pre-pharm requirements.