• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

LilyMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi, I'm posting this on here and the post-bacc thread bc most people on this thread have already gone through the process and might be more insightful than post-bacc posters who are mostly looking into post-bacc programs right now. It's sort of the like the blind leading the bling there.

I've never taken calculus or pre-calculus. The last time I took a math course was nearly 10 years ago. I don't have time to take a math course before my science classes begin. Does anyone recommend any books that I could use to brush-up on this forgotten math and to hone in on the untaken math to help in these post-bacc science classes? Did any former post-baccs to something like this? What did you do/use? Did it help? Thanks.

hilikus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2004
San Antonio
Status (Visible)
How to ace calculus, the Streetwise Guide

by: Adams, Thompson, & Hass

Now do you want a review before you take a class or before you take the MCAT?

Anyway, I bought this book and it has a really nice, light approach with humor mixed in. I haven't had college math in 8 years and i started calc this semester and I'm doing fine.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.