Math Destroyer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Venus17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have used the 2018 version of this book, how similar was the real DAT math questions to the questions from Destroyer?

-Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have used the 2018 version of this book, how similar was the real DAT math questions to the questions from Destroyer?

-Thank you
I'd say very similar. Math Destroyer was more difficult than my test, but the content was pretty much the same. Can't lie, I neglected some of the question types in there that felt ridiculous, but I might've been lucky in not seeing them on my exam. I did all 11 tests once and did a couple of them twice and got a 22 (on my retake, scored a 17 on my first test and I didn't use math destroyer at all). Some of the destroyer questions are tricky and gimmicky, but the formulas and the math used to answer them, regardless of the traps, is excellent practice for the real deal if you ask me. It teaches you the content and the tips and tricks to do the problem much faster.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I feel the math portion at the end of the DAT destroyer book ( the one that has 117 questions + the 20 quantitive comparisons questions ) was very similar to my test, but again some questions were similar to the questions from the Math destroyer book.

All in all, you can't go wrong with these math problems, you just need to do them once or twice, then you need to take some timed tests to get used to time management and keep on practicing so you don't lose what you learned.
I did some tests with Kaplan and some tests with Bootcamps, they teach you about time management.

But, no matter how prepared you are, there will always be 2-3 questions that you have never encountered before and now the real questions are gonna be:

Are you gonna be smart and try to solve them and lose the points on easy ones?
or
Are you gonna be smart and guess + skip them and get the points on the easy ones?

Choose what kind of smart you want to be.

Reactions: 1 users

-Thank you
There are MANY versions of the DAT, you can not take a few experiences and hope yours will be the same. If you have a strong foundation in math, the problems in the 2018 DAT Destroyer should be sufficient, but if not it would be best to use another source, such as the Math Destroyer, none of the problems in the Math Destroyer are repeats of the DAT Destroyer math. There are many free videos offered by companies including ours which are on youtube.

You don't need to get a 30 on the Math section but don't make the mistake of not preparing and receive a low score that would make a retake necessary. I have worked with many students through the years and it is a tragedy when a student has very high DAT scores with the exception of Math and has to retake the test.

Always better to over prepare than under prepare.

Just my 2 cents

Nancy