Math....not require but what is its effect?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamnumber24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am a college sophmore who thus far has not done too well in math courses (specifically calculus). But so far this semester i'm accing statistics this semester. But anyways, In the future when I apply to medical schools, How much of an impact will those bad math grades have to the schools that dont require any math courses? also how important are math courses to the schools that dont require or recommend taking them?

THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

its is calculated into your BCPM (science) GPA so its kinda important. but if you get As in the other courses, a couple of Bs should be fine.

I had 3 C's in college- one was in Calculus the other 2 were in chemistry courses (Gen Chem 2 and Orgo 1)... I just got into medical school so it doesn't completely hurt your chances but having the C's dropped my science GPA and made the road tougher.

Hey everyone, I am a college sophmore who thus far has not done too well in math courses (specifically calculus). But so far this semester i'm accing statistics this semester. But anyways, In the future when I apply to medical schools, How much of an impact will those bad math grades have to the schools that dont require any math courses? also how important are math courses to the schools that dont require or recommend taking them?

THANKS

What were your grades like in calc?