1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

math on topscore

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by oral09, Jun 21, 2008.

1. oral09

Dental Student
    answer is is E...how come it E.. I calculate it out but it not E...someone help me with this

Attached Files:

• m1.doc
      File size:
      28 KB
      Views:
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Streetwolf

Streetwolf Ultra Senior Member
    Dentist

Dentist
    If 12 donuts cost $4.00 to make that means each donut costs about 33 cents. To make a 33% profit, they'd need to sell each donut for about 44 cents. I know 50 cents is a stretch here, but if you chose any other answer it would be wrong. You need to make sure you profit at least 33%, which only choice E guarantees.

4. harrygt

Pre-Dental
    I was gonna put the same answer that the previous poster put. They should sell each donut for 44c at least to get a 33% profit. 50 is the only choice that would give them at least 33% profit.
    Check your calculations again.

5. oral09

Dental Student
    Thanks so much. I learned a new way to look at the answer choices now.

6. ET87

Pre-Dental
    topscore and achiever have some really bad questions... if it's worded like... "how much do you have to sell something to AT LEAST MAKE X % profit" then it's always like the answer choice that sells it for the most. Cause the answer choices cannot possibly have two correct answers =P