math on topscore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oral09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
answer is is E...how come it E.. I calculate it out but it not E...someone help me with this

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• m1.doc
    28 KB · Views: 115
If 12 donuts cost $4.00 to make that means each donut costs about 33 cents. To make a 33% profit, they'd need to sell each donut for about 44 cents. I know 50 cents is a stretch here, but if you chose any other answer it would be wrong. You need to make sure you profit at least 33%, which only choice E guarantees.

If 12 donuts cost $4.00 to make that means each donut costs about 33 cents. To make a 33% profit, they'd need to sell each donut for about 44 cents. I know 50 cents is a stretch here, but if you chose any other answer it would be wrong. You need to make sure you profit at least 33%, which only choice E guarantees.

I was gonna put the same answer that the previous poster put. They should sell each donut for 44c at least to get a 33% profit. 50 is the only choice that would give them at least 33% profit.
Check your calculations again.

Thanks so much. I learned a new way to look at the answer choices now.

topscore and achiever have some really bad questions... if it's worded like... "how much do you have to sell something to AT LEAST MAKE X % profit" then it's always like the answer choice that sells it for the most. Cause the answer choices cannot possibly have two correct answers =P