Math Part

Started by lev zev
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lev zev

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I currently haven't taken pre-calc because my school allowed me to skip it since I have done well in math during high school. However, I have taken Calculus and I was just wondering if this would effect my score in the math part of the PCAT?
How much pre-calc and calc is there usually?
How much like on integration, differentiation, derivatives, limits, etc...

If you can please help it would be great,

Thank You
 
Hi, I currently haven't taken pre-calc because my school allowed me to skip it since I have done well in math during high school. However, I have taken Calculus and I was just wondering if this would effect my score in the math part of the PCAT?
How much pre-calc and calc is there usually?
How much like on integration, differentiation, derivatives, limits, etc...

If you can please help it would be great,

Thank You

Doesnt pre-calc gets you ready for calc? I also did not take pre-calc but finished calc I during the summer before my august pcat. If you review the math part in one of the Kaplan workbooks and look over your notes for calc I then you should be well-prepared. Again, I did not take pre-calc in hs nor college and scored a 95 on the quant section.

To answer your question, I vaguely remember there being a couple of each of the above mentioned topics. I do not remember seeing geometry though, at least not the harder parts of it (since I suck at geometry). There was probably 1/3 of calc on the test. Those who took the august 2007 pcat can correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck!
 
You should look at the Candidate Info Booklet on the Harcourt website to get a good breakdown of what will be on the test. The topics you listed above are on there; maybe 1-2 of each. You should be prepared to answer pre-calc questions, so just make sure you are comfortable with the topics.