uop

Apr 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I am planning to take the Dat in the end of may and just found out that a calc is now available... if some one has recently taken the DAT could you please tell me how much harder the QR section has gotten and what program (crack/destroyer..etc) the actual DAT resembles..???
thankyou!!!
:confused:

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I didn't really think it was that tough (numbers-wise). All I used was DAT Destroyer. I went through it once and really only spent about a week on QR. If you can do DAT Destroyer questions you should be good. Just focus on speed.

uop

Apr 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I didn't really think it was that tough (numbers-wise). All I used was DAT Destroyer. I went through it once and really only spent about a week on QR. If you can do DAT Destroyer questions you should be good. Just focus on speed.
thanks... and the word problems weren't too tricky??
and about how many trig qs. were there..(that is my only weakness:()

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
I don't know how correct this information is... but initially when they decided to start providing the calculator, they said the QR problems weren't going to get any harder....

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
thanks... and the word problems weren't too tricky??
and about how many trig qs. were there..(that is my only weakness:()
I forgot what exactly was on it because I was trying to move quickly, but I don't remember having any questions that I couldn't understand what they were asking.

redchesus

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2007
Status
Dentist
Nothing's super tricky. You could figure out almost all of the problems if you had enough time, but you don't, which is where the "difficulty" comes in. The calculator helps with speeding things up a bit (not that much).