math problem work together

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Electrons

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It takes 2 guys 2 days to finish a job. For the same job, it takes 4 girls and 2 days to finish. How many days will it take for 1 guy & 2 girl working together to finish the job?

Answer: 2

How do you setup this one?

Members don't see this ad.

It takes 2 guys 2 days to finish a job. For the same job, it takes 4 girls and 2 days to finish. How many days will it take for 1 guy & 2 girl working together to finish the job?

hey let me give it a try k?

it takes 2 guys 2 days, so 1 guy will take 4 days... 4 girls 2 days, so 2 girls will take 4 days...

u can use the work formula or use this..I just hate the work formula..

...this is the work formula...1/A + 1/B = 1/T where A is guy, B is girl, T is together... you can fflip around and use a for girl, B or guy if you want..

This is the easier formula...

A*B/(A+B)

4*4/(8) = 16/8 = 2...

2 girls work = 1 guy work

1 guy + 2 girls =======> 1 guy + 1guy ==> 2 guys work that we know is 2 days.

hey let me give it a try k?

it takes 2 guys 2 days, so 1 guy will take 4 days... 4 girls 2 days, so 2 girls will take 4 days...

u can use the work formula or use this..I just hate the work formula..

...this is the work formula...1/A + 1/B = 1/T where A is guy, B is girl, T is together... you can fflip around and use a for girl, B or guy if you want..

This is the easier formula...

A*B/(A+B)

4*4/(8) = 16/8 = 2...
Thanks. I think you nailed it. I'm use your easy formula from now on. :)

I used to use the

x/A + x/B = 1

It's quick but I usually have a hard time set it up when they spin the words differently.

So you always convert it to 1 of something...then plug in the formula?

2 girls work = 1 guy work

1 guy + 2 girls =======> 1 guy + 1guy ==> 2 guys work that we know is 2 days.
lol as easy as it seems now, but somehow I didn't see it at first glance. Now that you point it out, I can see that with easy number but I still want to know how it is setup so that I can always use it even with not easy numbers. Thanks though.