Math question

Started by USCDent82
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

USCDent82

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking the DAT in a few days and my lowest score is always QR. I usually get between a 15 and a 17 on Kaplan and Topscore. How much will my score change with the real thing. Also, I have a math question. (from Barron's) If an ordinary coin is tossed six times, what is the probability of either all heads or all tails? I get 1/64, but Barron's says 1/32.
Isn't just 1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2 = 1/64

Thanks for the help.
 
Hi,
I took DAT today and got 24 (97.6%) in QR. But on topscore and Kaplan I was getting around 18. What I think is real DAT is not as difficult as topscore or Kaplan.
you will do fine.

Good Luck 👍
 
Hi! My QR is also higher than my Topscore practice tests as well. Just keep practicing. The math question you have had been asked before. Maybe you can do a search.
 
USCDent82 said:
I'm taking the DAT in a few days and my lowest score is always QR. I usually get between a 15 and a 17 on Kaplan and Topscore. How much will my score change with the real thing. Also, I have a math question. (from Barron's) If an ordinary coin is tossed six times, what is the probability of either all heads or all tails? I get 1/64, but Barron's says 1/32.
Isn't just 1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2 = 1/64

Thanks for the help.

"EITHER all heads OR all tails"

prob of:
all heads is (1/2)^6=1/64
all tails is (1/2)^6=1/64

add 'em up 1/64+1/64=1/32 😎

By the way, I was getting about 19-20 on Topscore. I got 28 on the real thing. The real thing is less dificult on probability, though this question is about right in terms of dificulty for a question they could ask on the real one.

Hope this helps.

-P