Math requirement at Boston...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

beastly115

Boston says they want one year (6 credits) of math and "a basic understanding of calculus." I haven't taken calculus but took pre-calc (3 credits) and have taken biostats (3 credits). Does anyone know if they specifically want calc, and would biostats count towards their math requirment? Biostats is in the biology department at my school.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Stats does count (thank god), but I don't think pre-calc counts (is it Calc I?). You gotta take the REAL thing buddy, lol. Unless pre-calc = Calc I, then you're fine.

beastly115 said:
Boston says they want one year (6 credits) of math and "a basic understanding of calculus." I haven't taken calculus but took pre-calc (3 credits) and have taken biostats (3 credits). Does anyone know if they specifically want calc, and would biostats count towards their math requirment? Biostats is in the biology department at my school.

Thanks.
hey man, i dont know the exact answer to your question, but what other schools are you applying to? a lot of schools seem to have math requirements so it might be easier for you just to take a calc class. just my .02

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them before applying. Pre-Calculus + Statistics weren't good enough for them, even though it fulfilled the 6 hour requirement.

SpikeyMike83 said:
I called them before applying. Pre-Calculus + Statistics weren't good enough for them, even though it fulfilled the 6 hour requirement.

"weren't good enough", as in it does not fulfill the 1 yr mathematics requirement, or that they want to see other math as well?

What other schools have math requirements?

didn't fulfill the requirement.