Math Requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the U of MN requires as far as math requirements?

This is what I got from their web page:

"
1 course
College-level math, computer science, or statistics (upper level preferred)
Science majors take Calculus sequence

"

It goes on to list several courses, including college algebra, pre-calc, and calc, but it does not list the specific class I took (which is in-between regular algebra and pre-calc)

I took a combined college algebra / trig course because it was all I thought I needed at the time.. (I am an Animal Science major pursuing pre-dental -- the class I took is the only math requirement for A.S.). I'm enrolled in Calculus this semester, but do not want to take it if it is not necessary, seeing as I have already completed one math course and I do not want to take a course that is not necessary. I can still drop the course and replace it with another, but I want to make sure that is the right thing to do.

I have not yet found a pre-dental advisor at my school. I just made the switch to pre-dental and have found no listed advisors at this present time.

So, I need some help.. Anyone know if the math course I took is sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

The college algebra / trig course is all you need, unless you need calc for physics do not bother, if you feel like taking another math class take the upper division stat class as it is one of the U's preferred elective courses and stats will show up one the DAT.

That being said you should email either Nicki Cook or the Dean of Admissions Dr. Naty Lopez and ask them, it is beneficial to have people in the admissions office know you by name.

The college algebra / trig course is all you need, unless you need calc for physics do not bother, if you feel like taking another math class take the upper division stat class as it is one of the U's preferred elective courses and stats will show up one the DAT.

That being said you should email either Nicki Cook or the Dean of Admissions Dr. Naty Lopez and ask them, it is beneficial to have people in the admissions office know you by name.

Thank you!! I appreciate it!!