Math, science weakness???

Ava999

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I posted this thread because I wanted to know if there are any pharmacist (or pharmacy student) that struggled with math and science in high school (or early years of college ) and still made it out to be successful. I really want to pursue this career, and right now I'm a junior in H.school with a pharm tech class, and so far it is really easy once I really get the math parts, but I'm told that Pharmacy school is wayyyyyyy harder, and more complicated when it comes to math, and science. But, I'm not all that good in science, and math...I mean I get it, but I struggle with it too. I'm wayyy better and more at ease with English, government ect. I am willing to work my but off on my weak areas to become a pharmacist. But I would really want to know if anyone was in my shoes, and made it out ok. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Most pre-meds are not very good at math. All you need to know is algebra and you won't be overwhelmed by anything technical...ever. Don't worry, I have rarely ever met someone that I would consider too stupid to pursue medicine/pharmacy. If you scored >500 on the SAT math consider yourself competent enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
I seem to do math problems slower than other people. Do you guys have any advice for that ?

I seem to do math problems slower than other people. Do you guys have any advice for that ?

Practice. Also, I find helping others is really good. If you can explain to others, then you get a better grasp on the material.