You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Matriculate G'town, UVa, GW?
Started by Julie5
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by BoulderLABrat
UVA is the best choice w/out a doubt... can't you establish residency by yr 2? My boss went there and loved Va. Great sense of tradition, community etc.
UVa is the best of the 3. However, u can't establish residency but they give some great need based aid if you qualify for it.
Wow, I would take UVA in a second. I was extremely impressed with UVA when I interviewed there. But if you decide to go elsewhere I won't mind cause maybe they will give me your spot and I can get off the waitlist. I thought Charlottesville was awesome, but to each his own.
hmmm....first I'd wait and see what the financial aid packages look like. If there is a significant $$ difference, I'd go to the school that is cheapest. But if the money is similar as is likely, I'd probably go to UVA.
COngrats on getting into UVA out of state.
COngrats on getting into UVA out of state.
Is this really a tough decision? UVa will most likely be cheaper, even out-of-state. And, more importantly, iti s a vastly better school. Nobody mentions GW or Georgetown in the same breath as top-tier schools (come on, Georgetown?!?), but UVa is up there and it is only getting better, from what I hear. IT gets serious respect from big name residencies. And, to boot, C-ville is soooo much cooler than D.C. Do you really want to be surrounded by pretentious bureaucrats or hot undergrads/a cool college town with a down-to-earth social scene?
Originally posted by Benjo
And, to boot, C-ville is soooo much cooler than D.C. Do you really want to be surrounded by pretentious bureaucrats or hot undergrads/a cool college town with a down-to-earth social scene?
Let's not get carried away here. If you want details, PM me. I've already sounded off about this way too much.
I am a bit biased, but I'd say UVA all the way. The school is a public top 30 medical school. The undergrad is the #1 public university (tied with Berkley(sp?)), they have a top ten law program, and several other high ranking grad programs. While the high ranked non-med programs may seem unimportant, I think it establishes the caliber of student that you are going to be able to find in town and associate with during your four years of med school. A lot of people seem to like DC, but having lived in NOVA for a few years, I never want to go back to the traffic and the overly congested area. UVA has a good music scene, and Richmond and DC are both under 3 hours away, so there is plenty to do.
Anyway...I don't think you can go wrong choosing a med school. Just pick the one you are happiest with.
~AS1~
Anyway...I don't think you can go wrong choosing a med school. Just pick the one you are happiest with.
~AS1~
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 1K