May 15, please be clear

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xDent09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Listen so people say submit may 15, everyone knows that for schools to send transcripts and letters of recomendations, it will take at least 4 days, so MY question: CAN YOU SUBMITT WITHOUT THE TRANSCTIPT AND LOR, ON MAY 15 IF YOU FINISHED EVERYTHING ELSE????

Members don't see this ad.

Listen so people say submit may 15, everyone knows that for schools to send transcripts and letters of recomendations, it will take at least 4 days, so MY question: CAN YOU SUBMITT WITHOUT THE TRANSCTIPT AND LOR, ON MAY 15 IF YOU FINISHED EVERYTHING ELSE????

you can submit the application without transcripts or LOR
but make sure the grades you submit in your application matches the official transcripts

I believe AADSAS will send out your application as long as your grades are verified.

Members don't see this ad :)
Listen, this is as clear as I can make it:
1.You submit your application as soon as it's filled out, with or without transcripts and LORs ready.
2.Your application sits at AADSAS until they receive your transcripts, then verification begins, and following that the application is sent out to schools.
3.Your application will still be mailed out to schools even if LORs have not arrived at AADSAS yet. If you send LORs to AADSAS later on, then AADSAS will foward the LORs to the schools at that time.
4. Read the instruction guide in this linked thread so you have a better understanding of this process.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=516314

How about the other way around? Can the professors submit the LOR electronically BEFORE you submit your application online? I would prefer to wait until August so that I can include my summer grades, so can my professors submit the LORs electronically before I submit an application? Or does it have to be after? I'm not sure how this works... :confused:

Wow. It's already that time of the year again. That was QUICK! :eek:

Can you please be more clear on whether he can... ;)

How about the other way around? Can the professors submit the LOR electronically BEFORE you submit your application online? I would prefer to wait until August so that I can include my summer grades, so can my professors submit the LORs electronically before I submit an application? Or does it have to be after? I'm not sure how this works... :confused:

thats the worst idea I have ever heard...You can't wait that long, it is not worth it.

Umm...yeah... if you wait until August it will be way too late. 90% of the spots could be filled or be waiting to bbe filled by then. Always apply earlier and tell everyone that you are going to "take x class" or "do Y activity"

your professors can submit the LOR electronically as soon as you create an account. Aadsas does have some LOR forms you have to print out from their website. Your gpa better be 3.7+ to be submitting at the end of august to ensure you have no problems. Aadsas takes about 7 weeks just to send out applications if you wait til august. This doesn't include secondary applications the school wants (some schools make you write additional essays).

You probably won't be interviewing until late october or november. I wouldn't take applying early lightly because things don't go as planned and alot of times your application isn't complete due to no fault of yours. Some schools do lose stuff or say you didn't take certain classes.

Well if you feel you need to wait until august, get everything else done and put up on aadsas so all you are waiting for are your grades. Good luck, whatever you decide.

To answer the OP's question, you can submit your application starting may 15 on aadsas. You can submit your application without dat scores, LORs etc. All aadsas will do is verify your grades and send out your application (this includes personal statement, your information, grades, extracurricular activities etc). Once they receive your LORS, they will send them out to the school. You can track all this on their website. Aadsas has nothing to do with your dat scores. You need to request those from the website where you signed up to take the dat.

Your application with the schools will not be complete until they have your: aadsas application, LORS, dat scores, picture (if one is required) secondary application (if one is required), and secondary application fee (if one is required). When I say complete, this means (most of the time) they wouldn't even look at your application.

Oh yea and with some schoosl, secondary application are not automatic. They is a link of aadsas about secondary applications that will be helpful. It lets you know what schools expect what, where to send them to etc.

Some schools are good about sending you a letter informing you on what you are missing.
Hope that helped!

i will try to add to what the others said.

this has been said in almost every thready, but i agree with the others that say apply as early as possible.

lol@ lemoncurry's response.

on may 15th
-fill out everything
-print out matching forms
-submit application
-take transcript matching forms to schools and order transcripts to be sent
-take care of lor matching forms or do it electronically

i say submit a few days after may 15th. you want to take a few days looking over your application for grammar mistakes and just trying to make it as perfect as possible. i dont think there will be a big difference between submitting it may 15th and may 17th.

Is this the method you used when you applied?

Is this the method you used when you applied?

that wasnt exactly what i did because i didnt learn a lot of stuff until after i applied. if i was to apply again, then that would be the method i use.