May 15th technicality question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owenmichael

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was under the impression that we had untill May 15th to withdraw.
Am I right in thinking that I can call a school I want to withdraw from tomorrow and still be ok because it is the 15th?

Members don't see this ad.

owenmichael said:
So I was under the impression that we had untill May 15th to withdraw.
Am I right in thinking that I can call a school I want to withdraw from tomorrow and still be ok because it is the 15th?

I think so.

Uh - what is the point of asking this at 12:41 AM on the 15th? I mean, clearly, you have no other option other than doing what you mention, so why even bother asking at this stage?

Members don't see this ad :)
Flopotomist said:
Uh - what is the point of asking this at 12:41 AM on the 15th?

So he can sleep. :D

Speaking of which, bye.

drrr..and what happens if you forget to withdraw? Do the boogeymen get you? I'm pretty sure they withdraw you automatically, so I doubt it's a big deal..unless you want to go there, then you're SOL.

Zoom-Zoom said:
drrr..and what happens if you forget to withdraw? Do the boogeymen get you? I'm pretty sure they withdraw you automatically, so I doubt it's a big deal..unless you want to go there, then you're SOL.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's not worried about what will happen at the school he wants to withdraw from, but rather what will happen at the school he wants to attend. Because that whole "withdrawing you automatically" thing could be a bitch...

But anyways OP, schools ain't gonna do anything to you yet. If you're actually calling to withdraw today, I would also take the time to call up the school you're sticking with, and let them know of your decision.

Flopotomist said:
Uh - what is the point of asking this at 12:41 AM on the 15th? I mean, clearly, you have no other option other than doing what you mention, so why even bother asking at this stage?

Flop, very true.

Seriously folks, please make your mind up...and quickly, cause you only have today, both literally and figuratively.

ND2005 said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's not worried about what will happen at the school he wants to withdraw from, but rather what will happen at the school he wants to attend. Because that whole "withdrawing you automatically" thing could be a bitch...

But anyways OP, schools ain't gonna do anything to you yet. If you're actually calling to withdraw today, I would also take the time to call up the school you're sticking with, and let them know of your decision.

Thanks for the help. Yes it turns out you can withdraw on the 15th. And yes, I was worried about the school I actually want to go to "auto-withdrawing me"