May 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lighteye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know May 15th is an important date in dental and medical school apps but is it an important day for optometry? Do people with multiple acceptances have to make their choices so there will be waitlist movments?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is the date where people can get half their deposits back or something for optometry schools? I am not 100% sure though. But yes there will be movement after this date....I know how you feel about the waitlist though its a crappy place to be

Oh I see, thanks. Yeah it is very frustrating, I really want to go to a school in my state rather than on the other side of the country. It would make my life so much easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's also 10 days after Cinco de Mayo, which is special for a number of reasons.

Oh I see, thanks. Yeah it is very frustrating, I really want to go to a school in my state rather than on the other side of the country. It would make my life so much easier.

Hey lighteye, what school are you trying to go? I am also in the same boat as you. Well I'm trying to go to SCCO. I'm just curious on what school(s) you are on the waitlist for, I think we are going through the same thing, if you don't mind me asking.